The Systems Engineer will have direct oversight and accountability for all application and hardware maintenance and troubleshooting activities typically applicable through various CBP process and procedures. In this capacity, the System Application Engineer will be deeply engaged in the daily operations, incident management, and resolution activities. The position will also entail collaboration with various stakeholders outside of the core team, including but not limited to other technical specialists, product owners, and business stakeholders.
- Develop, test, document and help operationalize various applications leveraging industry best practices.
- Work closely and collaborate with various cross-functional IT specialists in implementing solutions.
- Work closely with team members and key stakeholders to gather and validate requirements, work with leads to design solutions that meet the functional and technical requirements.
- Participate in Scrum Daily Stand-up, Sprint and iterative development activities, while preparing to take on any role within the agile team as needed.
- Collaborate with Divisions, Developers, Customer and external entities in resolving application issues.
- Ensure adherence to internally defined application development and maintenance practices.
- Provide application contact and incident resolution to customers with hardware, software, and application problems.
- Document application incident resolution and status in ServiceNow.
- Install system wide software and assist with fine-tuning system performance.
- Set-up administrator, service accounts, reset accounts and passwords.
- Provide input and update to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Participate in organizations change management process.
- Responsible for creating and updating Knowledge Base Articles (KBA).
- Responsible for documentation management and reporting using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Possess strong analytical skills required to troubleshoot issues, identify resolutions and be available for off business hours implementation and support.
- Top Secret Clearance or CBP BI Required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems or related engineering fields with 8+ of prior relevant experience OR Master's Degree in similar field with 6+ years of prior relevant experience: OR 4 years of additional experience in lieu of degree
- 8+ years of progressive experience in the IT industry
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Microsoft Technologies
- Working knowledge of computers, printers, laptops, and common Windows applications in a Windows environment.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks on a fast moving and challenging environment.
- Working knowledge of ITIL Incident Management Process (ITIL Foundations).
- 5+ years experience managing and tracking work using management tools like Jira and ServiceNow to follow and promoting Agile practices.
- Knowledge of SeviceNow Incident module, JIRA and Confluence.
- Large Enterprise-level IT experience in supporting multiple Operating Systems and environments.
- Strong troubleshooting and resolution experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Adaptable and flexible to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities as required by the PSPD Operations.
- Positive and open attitude to work with difficult customers in a complex environment.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.