Leidos has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and forward-thinking Strategic Communications Manager to serve as a Program Manager of a complex communications contract with the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ). This position will be responsible for providing strategic communications direction to multiple DOJ offices, with the goal of maximizing the impact of agency communications to justice stakeholders. The Strategic Communications Manager will oversee the work activities of various communications functions, such as content development and production, multimedia services, design and graphics, marketing, and conferencing.
- Serving as Program Manager and overseeing program operations.
- Meeting performance, financial, and contractual requirements.
- Maintaining strong customer relationships and satisfaction.
- Managing a large team of communications professionals to support the development and execution of integrated marketing and communications strategies for multiple customers.
- Working closely with the leadership team and staff to recognize opportunities and drive solutions for our customers.
- Leading development and execution of strategic communications plans that align with the customers’ mission, goals, and priorities.
- Establishing digital and social communications best practices.
- Promoting a culture of high performance that values learning, collaboration, and a commitment to quality.
- Mentoring and supervising staff, supporting staff development, and fostering an environment of collaboration and inclusion.
- Identifying opportunities for program growth and new business.
As part of the Leidos team, you will work with an experienced group of communications professionals who are dedicated to supporting our government clients. If you have a desire to lead an innovative and creative communications team and want the opportunity to take on challenging and interesting projects, this job is for you. At Leidos, you will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
At Leidos, we value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Please Note: This is a full-time remote position, but the candidate must be able to attend occasional meetings in person in Washington, D.C. and/or Gaithersburg, MD. Preferred, one to be in DC Area.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, OR Related field.
- At least a minimum of 8 years supervisory OR management experience plus demonstrated results leading strategic communications initiatives.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- PMP Certification.
- U.S. Government experience; account OR customer management.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Pay Range:Pay Range $110,500.00 - $170,000.00 - $229,500.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.