Leidos is seeking a McMurdo Information Technology & Communications Manager that will provide IT and Communications (IT&C) leadership and management for the United States Antarctic Program, McMurdo Station Infrastructure, and Services. This position includes the oversight of IT&C services provided to continental field camps provisions from McMurdo Station.
The McMurdo IT&C Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the McMurdo Station and supported field camp IT&C infrastructure and services. They will lead a team of 40 contracted staff, ensuring they are oriented and trained for their duties and tasking is well planned and executed to support the mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the McMurdo IT&C activities with the IT&C Enterprise environment, project activities, non-IT entities, and other government agencies and divisions.
- Perform annual budgetary planning/execution to ensure appropriate funding and expenditure using earned value methodologies.
- Manage hiring plan with 3rd party sub-contractor for deploying teams.
- Provide IT&C program orientation, training, and guidance to on-site staff.
- Develop and modify annual work plans/schedules for McMurdo IT&C staff to ensure infrastructure is properly maintained and operated, and meets the annual program objectives.
- Coordinate science planning requirements annually with the McMurdo IT&C staff to ensure science and technical participants have clear expectations set and are supported appropriately.
- Serve as the primary McMurdo IT&C Point of Contact for other divisions of Leidos/Antarctic Support Contract, National Science Foundation (NSF), partner agencies within the USAP, and other national programs requiring approved USAP IT&C support.
- Collaborates with IT&C/ASC partners and other USAP stations to help ensure seasonal objectives are met.
- Manages the McMurdo IT&C Service Desk and work centers ensuring IT&C services are delivered in a timely fashion.
- Provide subject matter expertise regarding McMurdo Station and associated field camp IT&C infrastructure, systems and processes to the IT&C and ASC Enterprise organization.
- Provides professional technical leadership to staff to establish a working environment consistent with USAP/IT&C goals and objectives.
- Creates a culture of collaboration, team building and ideation.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining a safe workplace program and ensuring that safety is the highest priority on the job site.
- Handles confidential or sensitive matters in accordance with Leidos and program policies and guidance.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a management or a technical field or minimum 6 years’ experience managing or operating within an IT or Communications field.
- Minimum four years of experience in a leadership/management role supervising a staff of 5 or more.
- Experience in 2 or more of the following technical fields: Networks, Servers/systems, Telecommunications, Cable Plant, Radio/RF Communications, Satellite ground stations, Desktop Support or Help/Service Desk services.
- Familiarity with Federal Information Security best practices and implementation.
- Industry experience working in a large cross-functional matrixed team environment.
- Service-based leadership skills.
- Strong organizational, verbal/written communication skills and leadership ability required.
- Project Management experience is strongly preferred
- ITSM Service Management experience with facility services
- Strong personnel leadership and management of technical teams
- Five years of technical experience with computer systems, networks
*** Deployment to Antarctica is required (approximately 4 to 5 months / year). The individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations and obtain a background clearance required by the NSF to deploy to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action.***
Pay Range:Pay Range $91,000.00 - $140,000.00 - $189,000.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.