PROGRAM SUMMARY: Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of a team that will be developing new ways to look at data and the software that generates the data. This is a full stack position using corporate datastores as well as NoSQL databases such as MongoDB. You will assist in developing the UI for the application as well as the middleware connectors. You will be working with streaming analytics, looking for fit and usability within the Technology Pursuit team. You will be working in current technologies such as Vue.js, React, and Apache Heron. Deployment will be managed via Docker container, which you may help set up.
- Twelve plus (12+) years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline.
- At least five (5) years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least four (4) years of experience as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for four years of general experience. A master’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for an additional two years of general experience.
Experience in the following areas:
- Government AWS implementation
- Development RESTful services
- Federated queries development and optimization
- Micro and Macro service development
- Experience with government unclassified AWS development
- Experience with Gitlab
- Familiarity with Kubernetes/Rancher/Kibana
- Demonstrated experience in an Agile Development environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
The Cyber & SIGINT Solutions (CSS) Operation continues to grow in the Fort Meade, MD and surrounding areas. To learn more please visit careers.leidos.com/CONMD
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.