The Leidos Innovation Center (LiNC) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Network Engineer to work at our customer site on Wright-Patterson AFB, OH. We are seeking a dedicated, talented and experienced Network Engineer to work as part of a leading-edge research and engineering, design and development team. Leidos seeks mission and team-oriented individuals who enjoy working as an individual contributor in highly collaborative teams.
The Network Engineer will contribute to the Warfighter Readiness and Training Program supporting AFRL/RHW. The Warfighter Program provides the Air Force with a wide range of research into advanced technologies to improve training effectiveness among a multitude of operationally-relevant platforms and roles.
- You will work as part of a team to ensure maximum performance of a high traffic network infrastructure while maintaining system integrity and stability.
- This is a highly dynamic lab environment, so on a daily basis, your responsibilities will change. Your responsibilities include adding, removing and modifying physical network interconnects (fiber and copper), changing Cisco network configuration such as switch port VLAN tagging, trunking, and routing; implementing Cisco DISA STIGs, creating or modifying virtual machines, VMWare VSphere/ESXi, reviewing syslog files/SNMP monitoring programs for issues, backing up network configurations, network command/back up automation, compliance policies, WIFI, and documenting modifications and maintain configuration management.
- The successful candidate will work with government customers, software engineers, subject matter experts, and military personnel.
- Have a BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience. Experience/certifications in lieu of degree will be considered. Degree in a technical field preferred.
- 5+ years of direct experience with IP networks with a focus on network maintenance and administration.
- Possess an active DOD Secret or higher Security Clearance.
- CompTIA Security+ certification
- Cisco CCNA certification
- Technical understanding of Cisco routing and switching, VLANs, Spanning Tree Protocol, VPN Tunnels
- Ability to program routers, switches, encryption devices, and other network hardware.
- Securing network systems with policies that define and monitor access.
- Working knowledge of network storage appliances, such as TrueNAS/FreeNAS and/or Netapp.
- Strong communications skills and ability to interact with customers.
- Passion for learning.
- Desire to work with others in a research environment.
- Be a US Citizen. NO non-citizens will be considered.
- Working knowledge of Windows 10, Server administration
Experience/exposure to the following:
- Configuration of DNS, DHCP, NPS servers.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Designing, recommending, and implementing new solutions to improve the resilience of network operations.
- Monitoring network performance and troubleshooting problems and outages.
- CCNP Certification
- Designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining network infrastructure.
- DMVPN/IPSEC configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience with SNMPv3 and SNMP monitoring tools (Manage engine Opmanager, Solarwinds, etc.)
- Determine network bandwidth needs and recommend measures to meet those requirements.
- WIFI setup and troubleshooting
- Direct system installation.
- Maintain firewall and manage security.
- Assisting in network changes
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.