Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook. We know once you join our team, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
The Security Information Specialist provides guidance and assistance and works closely with management, the NGA workforce, and external organizations to protect classified and sensitive information. The Specialist will provide advice and assistance regarding protection of classified information, operational security and classification management, security education and training, security inspections and support to NGA's Freedom of Act (FOIA) program. The Information Security Specialist conducts security operations in a wide variety of traditional and non-traditional environments. The Information Security Specialist provides organizational representation to other government agencies and contractor security representatives, coordinating security requirements on NGA's behalf. The information Security Specialist ensures government agency and contractor personnel performing on classified efforts (at the Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and collateral levels) are provided with approved classification guidance, release procedures and marking criteria. The successful candidate assists in the development of policies to stipulate agency procedures, roles, and responsibilities regarding CUI in accordance with EO 13556 and directives from NARA and ODNI; monitors and updates existing guidance to maintain accuracy, as appropriate. Establishes, monitors, and manages required training for government agency personnel to ensure that those who create or handle CUI have satisfactory knowledge and understanding of relevant CUI categories and associated markings, as well as applicable safeguarding dissemination, and decontrol policies and procedures; this may require writing agency specific training. The successful candidate will assist in the creation and implementation of a self-inspection program that adheres to the principles and requirements of the Executive Order and directives from NARA and ODNI, and assist in the procedures for providing documentation that reflects the analysis and conclusion of the self-inspection program to ODNI on an annual basis and as requested by ODNI. The candidate assists in reducing the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) backlog in accordance with FOIA Manual and assists with writing the annual FOIA report.
- Ensure NGA and contractor personnel performing on classified efforts (at the Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and collateral levels) are provided with approved classification guidance, release procedures and marking criteria.
- Assist in the Development of policies to stipulate agency procedures, roles, and responsibilities regarding the management of classified information and Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) in accordance with EO 13556 and directives from NARA and ODNI.
- Monitor and update existing guidance to maintain accuracy, as appropriate.
- Establishing, monitoring, and managing required training for NGA personnel to ensure that those who create or handle classified and CUI have satisfactory knowledge and understanding of relevant categories and associated markings, as well as applicable safeguarding dissemination, and decontrol policies and procedures. This may require writing NGA specific training.
- Assist in the Creation and implementation of a self-inspection program that adheres to the principles and requirements of the Executive Orders and directives from NARA and ODNI.
- Assist in the integration of lessons learned from reviews and assessments to improve operational policies, procedures, and training
- Assist in the Establishment of a system for corrective action to prevent and respond to non-compliance with the Executive Order and directives from NARA and ODNI
- Assist in the Procedures for providing documentation that reflects the analysis and conclusion of the self-inspection program to ODNI on an annual basis and as requested by ODNI.
- Provide expertise in Geospatial Intelligence materials handling and transfer.
- Perform and facilitate geospatial records review, declassification, and liaison activities required in EO 13526.
- Review permanent records 25 years old or older and determine declassification or exemption eligibility.
- Provide support to the Security Education & Awareness (SEA) program focused on consistently bringing security issues to the attention of the Government and assisting in training course administration.
- Provide support to the OPSEC program utilizing analytical processes to deny adversary information concerning NGA intentions and capabilities by identifying, controlling, and protecting NGA assets associated with planning processes or operations.
- Provide support to the Agency's Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) program, supporting information requests in accordance with NGA processes and procedures.
All applicants must have an active TS/SCI clearance and agree to undergo a Polygraph examination to be considered for this position. Applicants must be prepared and able to support (15%) travel requirements, CONUS as well as local travel within the St. Louis metro area. Applicants must have a working knowledge of DoD, IC, NARA, FOIA, and National Security Policies, Regulations, Directives and Instructions. The applicant must have proven interpersonal, communication, presentation, organizational, and time-management skills.
BA/BS in applicable field is strongly desired with 4+ years related experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
Years of experience
Minimum of 7 years of experience in the various security disciplines including a minimum of 3 years within DoD or the Intelligence Community (IC)
Must have the ability to travel
- Be knowledgeable with all Microsoft Suite applications and uses. Experience authoring and executing plans and programs at the headquarters or agency level.
- Knowledge of NARA, FOIAXpress, and ODNI directives is desirable. Background in web development, software or application development, or network and computer systems is a plus.
- Experience developing schedules for complex programs is desirable.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.