The NISC IV program at Leidos is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to work in the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Regional Office in Anchorage, Alaska.
The Electrical Engineer will provide engineering support to the FAA Anchorage Terminal Engineering Center with project management and project planning for various Air Traffic Control Tower (ATCT) and Terminal Radar Approach Control Facilities (TRACON) installation and upgrade projects, and other National Airspace System (NAS) modernization projects.
Specific duties for this position include:
- Assist with electrical engineering design of power distribution systems for mission critical facilities, including the design of grounding systems, load flow, voltage drop, short circuit current, and generator and uninterrupted power supply (UPS) sizing.
- Analyze electrical engineering designs to ensure compliance with national electrical code (NEC) and FAA requirements.
- Analyze relevant technical information and documentation related to construction projects and building designs, including equipment loads, tolerances, grounding/bonding requirements, and electrical system designs and provide observations on accuracy and completeness, and recommendations for improvement.
- Perform and analyze site surveys and develop site survey reports which address recommended site construction and installation requirements, potential communication or power source availability, overall site suitability and alternatives.
- Assist with Electrical Design and System Analysis (EDSA) of low voltage electrical protection schemes, short circuit analysis, and arc-flash hazard identification and risk mitigation.
- Perform Arc Flash Hazard energy calculations and conduct Arc Flash Hazard site assessments.
- Assist in the design and analysis of various electrical facilities and systems including Engine Generators, Uninterrupted Power Supply, and Power Cabling Systems using Computer-Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) software. Analysis will include but is not limited to: circuit analysis, circuit breaker coordination, and ground fault calculations.
- Prepare or update site specific engineering plans and drawings, red-line drawings, and “as built” drawings.
- Assist with participation in coordinated reviews of facility designs, installation schedules, site visits, implementation schedules, and other related project communications with all project stakeholders including Air Traffic, Technical Operations, Engineering Services, Service Center, and non-FAA organizations.
- Prepare engineering risk assessments, and provide recommendations and proposals of actions or improvements to mitigate potential risks resulting from site, facility, and project/program changes.
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite in Anchorage, AK (once temporary Pandemic remote work is over or when asked to return to the office).
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering with 8+ years of professional relevant experience OR Masters with 6+ years of professional relevant experience. Candidate with less experience may be considered.
- Must be a registered Professional Electrical Engineer.
- Minimum of eight years of experience in electrical design and engineering using NFPA 70 and NFPA 70E.
- Minimum of eight years of experience using a nationally recognized electrical analysis computer software such as SKM Power Tools software (or equivalent).
- Demonstrable experience in short circuit and arc flash hazard energy calculations using the software.
- Experience in reviewing and commenting on design work and calculations performed by others.
- Ability to obtain and/or Maintain Public Trust security clearance.
- Familiarity with FAA and the National Airspace System (NAS).
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.