The Research Office requires specialized, dedicated support for innovative systems including R&D Active Directory domains, Windows desktop systems deployed in a lab environment, and custom A/V systems with knowledge display walls that support Research mission requirements. Senior Systems Administrator will operate independently but also serve on a geographically dispersed team responsible for dedicated operations and sustainment support, systems administration, security engineering, asset management, and IT hardware maintenance. Senior Systems Administrator should have extensive Windows experience as well as experience maintaining workstations, laptops, monitors, printers, scanners, peripherals, and accessories.
Senior Systems Administrator will have knowledge of and experience with maintaining software baselines, maintenance/management of software updates, Security Engineering and Information Assurance, Active Directory Domains, Domain Name Servers, A/V systems and monitors (and knowing when to call for Tier 4 A/V support/vendor maintenance). Senior Systems Administrator should also be familiar with Asset Custodian responsibilities, Architecture Definition Documentation and Planning, Release and Deployment management, Desktop Hosting Services, Desktop Image Management, Home Directory and Profile support services, Print and Scan support services, Desktop Software support services, Personal IT Device support Services, and Conference Center support services. An understanding of Domain Services including Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) services and Windows Patch management is also desired.
Senior Systems Administrator will be expected to execute software configuration item changes on thick client workstations across the three network enclaves. Senior Systems Administrator will be responsible for deploying to Production/Enterprise Entities and for ensuring the success of any software or operating system deployment to these critical segments.
- Understanding of Tier 1, 2, and 3 System Administration.
- Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem.
- Ability to resolve a wide range of system issues, troubleshoot software, hardware, network issues, and address trouble tickets and service tasks.
- Familiarity with Windows Active Directory and Group Policy Objects.
- Isolate and resolve hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof.
- Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Maintain records of daily activities, problems, and remedial actions taken, and/or installation activities.
- Understanding of how to plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures through the SCCM console to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Resolve a wide range of system issues, troubleshooting software, hardware, diagnosis of network issues, and addressing trouble tickets and service tasks across all tiered levels
- Attend Authorized Outage, Firewall Change Request, and Root Cause Analysis Boards as required.
- Create and follow procedures to maintain and manage multiple linked databases including security, data safety and integrity, disaster recovery, and bulk data import/exports.
- Conduct routine and emergency maintenance of assigned data center equipment.
- Communicate/coordinate scheduled preventive maintenance windows with potentially impacted customers.
- Collaborate and contribute to the development, administration, and testing of backup and recovery plans.
- Participate in technical exchanges as required.
- Bachelor's degree and 12+ years relevant experience or
- Associate degree and 14+ years relevant experience or
- 16+ years relevant experience
- Years of relevant work experience includes:
- UNIX, Windows, and/or Storage administration
- Experience working with trouble reporting and tracking systems
- Experience supporting the IC/DOD in an advance IT support function
- Experience in the imagery intelligence domain a plus
- CompTIA Security+ or DoD 8570 Level II equivalent required
- TS/SCI required
- Current IA Certification: Security + preferred. Cert must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
- Knowledge of Microsoft System Center suite.
- Ability to lift or move various pieces of computer equipment, (max 40 pounds).
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- General knowledge of database administration, network administration and possess network configuration management skills.
- Must possess strong problem solving and fault isolation skill sets
- Knowledge of the NGA processes and procedures and of NGA production systems a plus
Preferred skills in one or more of the following:
- Window Server
- Red Hat
- IRIX, Solaris
- Imagery Production Chain
*** TELEWORK IS NOT AN OPTION. Candidate must report to the work site ***
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.