Leidos Civil Group has an immediate opening for a Consulting lead to join our Digital Enablement Team in support of our federal civil customers.
In this role, you will help our customers solve their most demanding challenges by removing blockers for large scale digital modernization in our portfolio of IRAD projects, our portfolio of Digital products, on our captures and on program. As the team lead, the candidate will build and drive the Digital Enablement Team, which will provide senior leadership talent to catalyze large scale adoption of modern application development, cloud, software defined infrastructure, security solutions across the Civil group. The major focus areas of the Digital Enablement Team will include:
• Provide technical and project leadership to catalyze digital adoption across Civil
• Establish priorities and drive Civil and OOT IRADs in driving valuable outcomes
• Define digital strategy for civil products
• Building compelling and relevant demos for major Civil captures
• Insert innovation on programs
The candidate will serve as a conduit by connecting teams in need of digital modernization technical leadership and solutions with providers of resources and offerings throughout Leidos. They will ensure Leidos existing innovations regarding application cybersecurity, development, polyglot data management, low code, AI, cloud management are appropriately leveraged in our IRADs, portfolio of digital products and on delivery. The candidate will leverage their deep experience in modern application development and cloud automation practices, leveraging CI/CD pipelines and cloud configuration and automation tools to securely model, deploy and operate secure, scalable cloud environments in conformance with Well Architected Framework principles. The candidate has a strong ability to network across Leidos, is a problem solver, is resourceful in helping customers’ address their needs and is entrepreneurial in that they listen intently for how best to add value across the Civil portfolio.
The successful candidate will work hand-in-hand with line management, business development, capture management, research and development, and other subject matter experts to develop optimal and differentiated Leidos solutions to be delivered on programs, Leidos digital products and platforms or on research and development projects. This candidate is intended to combine their exceptional technical skills, with their people management/team building skills, problem solving skills and high emotional IQ to solve problems and make a difference chiefly in short to mid-term consultative engagements.
• Builds, runs and evolves a team of consultative, high impact technologists to meet emergent needs for digital modernization across the Civil portfolio
• Provides high impact consulting services to deliver appropriate, forward leaning digital modernization capabilities around application development, cloud adoption, security, DevOps and software defined infrastructure
• Builds an effective network throughout Leidos to include Leidos accelerators, Technical Core Competencies, software factories, large programs and key alliance partners to bring the best athlete, solution and approach to each problem based on lean principles
• Establishes trusted relationships with line management, capture managers, business development and Office of Technology by positioning the Digital Enablement Team as a value add throughout the sales and delivery lifecycles
• Ensures successful delivery of digital modernization services for all engagements
• Applies Leidos comprehensive portfolio of application modernization, polyglot data management, DevOps, software defined networking, cloud management and cyber offerings along with key alliance partner capabilities to meet the needs of each digital modernization engagement
• Leads cybersecurity engagements to assist clients adhere to 2021 White House Executive Order relating to Defensive Cyber Operations, Zero Trust, secure software development
• Stay abreast of market trends in technology, methodologies and organizational designs for cloud management, optimization, compliance, cost effectiveness, automation and security
• Partners extensively with Leidos Office of Technology in applying IT, data management, cyber and applications investments to Civil domain problems.
• Determines which alliances to pursue and events for Leidos to participate
• Educate teams on the implementation of new digital modernization initiatives, providing associated training as required
•Master's degree and 15 -20+ years of related experience.
• Exceptional client relationship skills and team leadership skills
• Significant experience (5+ years) in technical leadership positions, interfacing with customers, leading teams and driving to successful outcomes
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Information Systems, Information Security, IT, EE, Network Engineering, Computer Science with 20+ years of prior relevant experience
• Significant experience (5+ years) designing, building and curating application development capabilities, polyglot data management, DevOps, security and cloud offerings for the Federal Systems Integration market
• In-depth understanding of application, cloud, middleware, data management, cyber, enterprise IT, polyglot data management across relational and document database solutions, data center optimization and SDN concepts
• Experience leading the design and integration of enterprise-level technical solutions.
• Ability to synthesize solution design information, architectural principles, available technologies, third-party products, and industry standards to formulate a system architecture that meets client requirements and can be delivered within the desired timeframe.
• Experience identifying potential design, performance, security, and support problems, including ability to identify technical risks/challenges and develop relevant mitigation strategies.
• Strong understanding of the use of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, ‘Everything-as-code’ approaches, DevOps processes and tools, virtual machines, containers, container orchestrators (Docker Data Center, kubernetes, serverless, EKS, AKS), ‘cloud native’ application design patterns, use of AWS, Azure, Salesforce or ServiceNow services in rapidly building applications, understanding of ensuring security for cloud applications
• Has deep experience in Well Architected Framework/cloud optimization patterns
• Has experience in refactoring application to take advantage of inherent resilience, scalability an automation provided by cloud providers such as AWS and Azure
• Agile, SAFe, AWS or Azure SA professional certifications
• Experience in implementing secure software development practices, secure cloud infrastructure deployments, integration with Security Operations Centers
• Strong technical acumen and experience leading the development of complex solutions for migrations of portfolios of applications to cloud platforms, including portfolio assessments, establishment of treatment pathways (retire, replace, rehost, refactor), portfolio program management of migrating/refactoring/rehosting applications and dependencies, verification and validation and deployment.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• ITIL v4 Foundation Certification
• Familiarity with serverless application design patterns
• Understanding of the appropriate process alignment patterns between agile development processes and ‘DevOps’ infused ITIL processes
• Experience in planning and executing cloud application migrations/operations for federal customers
• Strong security experience in integrating with cyber operations centers and integrating security scanning solutions within CI/CD pipelines
• Experience driving attainment of certification and accreditation of applications, infrastructure or solutions throughout the NIST Risk Management Framework
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.