The Program Manager (PM) will lead an Application Migration program.
The ideal candidate will lead the team responsible for the modernization and migration of 75 applications to the commercial cloud annually.
In support of this program, the team will conduct an application assessment of each application identified as a modernization and migration candidate to include analysis of the application architecture, data, performance, availability, integration, operations, cybersecurity risk assessment, cost and schedule, target CSP environment, and licensing.
- Serve as the single point of contact for coordination with the Government Program Management Office
- Responsible for meeting all technical, financial, and contractual and performance requirements to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives
- Daily activities include program/project planning, tracking, analysis, team organization and coordination, subcontract management, comprehensive risk planning, conducting meetings, customer coordination, technical and analytical guidance to the team, briefing senior management, taking corrective action when needed, taking proactive steps toward risk mitigation, and assisting senior management team in strategizing across the program enterprise
- Utilize expert communication skills needed to direct the skilled technical resources and report on the technical progress, issues, and problem areas, as well as write and review technical documents
- Communicate and coordinate resolution of all project related problems to the appropriate Government lead
- Develop program deliverables; prepare program status reviews and other formal reviews, and brief Government and Leidos management on program status
- Bachelor's Degree and 12+ years of Project or Program Management experience or Master's Degree with 10+ years of Project or Program Management experience.
- 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Must hold an active Secret Clearance (SSBI preferred)
- Experience managing cost, schedule and performance of projects
- Demonstrated understanding of IT management, administration, application and system development lifecycles within a substantial IT environment
- 3+ years of experience managing the migration of applications to the cloud
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication both verbal and written
- PMI PMP Certification or DAWIA Level III in Program Management desired
- Agile development knowledge and framework
- Onsite work experience in a Department of Defense customer environment
- AWS and/or MS Azure experience
- Excellent analytical, technical skills, planning, and organizational skills
- Certified Scrum Master and/or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification
- Familiarity with Azure RedHat OpenShift (ARO) and/or Kubernetes environment deployments
- Familiarity with governance and configuration management processes for release deployments into a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline
- ITIL Certification
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.