The Leidos Innovation Center (LiNC) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Research Intern to work at the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) in Dayton, OH. This is an exciting opportunity to use your education and experience helping the Warfighter Readiness Training program mission.
Leidos is seeking a dedicated and talented Research Intern to work as part of a leading-edge research and engineering, design and development team. Leidos seeks mission and team-oriented individuals who enjoy working as an individual contributor in highly collaborative teams.
The Research Intern will contribute to the Warfighter Readiness Training Program supporting AFRL/RHW. The Warfighter Program provides the Air Force with a wide range of research into advanced technologies to improve training effectiveness among a multitude of operationally-relevant platforms and roles.
The successful candidate will support the development, implementation, and execution of a training research program that assesses human performance and the training effectiveness of multi-level-fidelity devices and networked simulation systems. Candidates will also address issues related to determining appropriate knowledge and skills for operator training and will identify alternative training techniques or technologies best suited to enhancing learning in a complex environment. The successful candidate will work with software engineers, subject matter experts, and military personnel.
The Research Intern will contribute to aspects of research administration including, but not limited to:
- Prepare and administer research tools
- Data collection and entry
- Perform/interpret statistical data analysis
- Perform literature reviews
- Generate written reports
- Document research results through technical reports and papers
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology or a related discipline (e.g. Human Factors, Industrial/Organizational, Learning Sciences, Experimental or Educational Psychology, etc.).
- Have extensive literature review and annotated bibliography experience.
- Be proficient with PowerPoint and Excel.
- Be proficient with SPSS or equivalent statistical and data analysis programs and have experience handling databases.
- Be proficient at public speaking and report writing.
- Be able to work flexible hours and work with minimal supervision.
- Be detail-oriented, a self-starter, able to multi-task, possess excellent interpersonal communications skills, and have outstanding organizational skills.
- US Citizenship required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance.
- Pursuing a Master’s Degree in Human Factors Psychology, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or a related discipline (e.g. Human Factors, Learning Sciences, Experimental or Educational Psychology, etc.).
- Previous experience collaborating with software engineers and subject matter experts in Human-System Integration-related projects is a plus.
- Previous research lab experience (working in or managing).
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.