Leidos Government Health & Safety Solution Group in Windsor Mill, MD in support of the End User Centric IT Support (ECIS) Contract for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is looking to improve and advance the organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our customer CMS where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We fosters a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
The successful candidate will work within an ITIL environment with a large focus on DevOps. The candidate will be a member of the ECIS Email Services Team providing Subject Matter Expert support for O365 Hybrid Microsoft Exchange environment. The system is based on Microsoft technology, including on-premises Exchange 2013 and O365 supporting more than 15,000 mailboxes. Independently develops solutions, approaches, or makes recommendations to resolve wide range of complex or difficult problems for both internal/external customers including vendors. These processes and production requirements often require a flexible work schedule. Candidate may need to give presentations from time to time and often this entails producing well written technical documents specific to the customer's environment and objectives. The candidate will participate in scrum sprint activities as needed for Email-related service solutions. Candidate must be able to speak clearly and communicate effectively (both written and verbally) with a customer's Technical staff as well as Senior Management. Additional responsibilities will include troubleshooting and working with other technical functional groups i.e., Service Desk, Datacomm, EUA, Security and Engineering Team for all supported technical issues.
Under the direction of the Development and Engineering Lead, Product Manager, Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
- Serve as Senior Engineering Subject Matter Expert providing direct guidance and interface with chosen migration vendor to support a tenant-to-tenant migration from existing shared hybrid tenant in a resource forest configuration to a new dedicated M365 tenant operated and managed for our customer.
- Provide consultation on the design, plan, and execution M365 workload migrations including Exchange Online, OneDrive, SharePoint Online, and MS Teams.
- Support the development, deployment and execution of Office 365 services and develop roadmaps and service strategies.
- Engineer, deploy, and provide sustaining engineering support for our customer program.
- Assist in the develop concise and accurate engineering documentation on current and proposed cloud environments including Visio Diagrams, As-Built documents, recommendations for solutions, run books, knowledge guides, and other operations guides.
- Provide technical and operational subject matter expertise for M365 Service adoptions in the organization.
- Work with little or no supervision, provide guidance to the team when necessary, and be able to adapt to changing requirements.
- Support efforts for large-scale exchange administration automation for user T0 self-service and admin support for day to day operations.
- Create and maintain documentation related to Email and M365 processes and ConOps on a quarterly basis.
- Routinely evaluate related email processes and work for continued process improvement and automation and make informed decisions on implementation with proper change process.
- Create new and modify existing PowerShell scripts to automate reporting or administrative tasks based on extensive knowledge of Exchange Management Shell and create new processes that can be followed by junior level engineers and administrators.
- Provide strategic planning for the ongoing design, development and improvement of messaging infrastructure, including requirements and implications as they relate to business continuity and disaster recovery and recommend solutions to Management for consideration.
- Participate as required with DevOps oriented Agile Scum sprints for Email/M365/MEM related projects and enhancements.
- Stay abreast of current and emerging technologies, regularly analyzing and evaluating their impact and benefit to the customer by providing recommendations to management
- Develop Azure access and Exchange Online RBAC permission model for security teams as well as service tiers.
- Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Strong experience with implementation and administration Microsoft Exchange Server 2013+, O365 Exchange Online, MEM/Intune, and O365 Apps.
- Experience with O365/M365 Security Services.
- Demonstrated Knowledge of Office 365 support technologies including but not limited to, Active Directory, DirSync, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), Azure Active Directory, Azure Conditional Access, Policies, and MFA
- Experience with MS Teams features and policy needs for Federation and channels
- Knowledge of Mail Flow, Exchange Online mail flow rules, routing, including mail security appliances like IronPort, FireEye and similar services.
- Experience with mail reputation management with principals surrounding DMARC/DKIM/SPF records management.
- Strong experience in PowerShell and Scripting to support administration and automation of Active Directory and Office 365 Technologies (MSOL, Exchange Online, SharePoint and OneDrive ETC)
- Strong understanding of standard client/server, networking, TCP/IP, and Internet fundamentals.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Authentication Protocols
- Proven experience with standard monitoring tools, methodologies, and practices
- Experience with Azure application registrations migrating apps from Basic Auth to Modern Auth
- Strong Active Directory Group/User object manipulation.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft PKI
- Strong understanding of infrastructure services: DNS, WINS, DHCP
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate with all levels of customer organization (technical resources, management)
- Ability to communicate effectively with all leadership levels
- Ability to resolves complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Previous experience working in an agile scrum environment.
- Previous experience employing DevOps methodologies.
- Experience with change control principals and ticket with Service Now (SNOW).
- Understanding of agency Capstone and NARA data retention compliance principles.
- Experience with design, planning and implementation in environments with 10000+ users.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.