Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals. Driven by our talented workforce, the Integrated Missions Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
Are you a creative problem solver? Do you want to make a difference that counts?
Join Leidos and make a difference for our Federal customers in national security as a high-performing budget analyst within the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Engineering and Technology Maturation.
You will use and develop your planning, budgeting, and evaluation skills on a portfolio of research and development projects crucial to the national nuclear weapon stockpile. This is a full-time contractor-support position that involves on-site work at the NNSA offices in Washington DC, periodic travel, and the opportunity of remote telework.
- Providing Federal Program Managers with clear, concise, accurate and timely budget analyses and information to support programmatic decision-making.
- Responding to short- notice what-if inquiries from within NNSA, the Secretary of Energy, and other senior Departmental officials.
- Developing complex spreadsheets, program planning and budget briefings, and issue papers describing the project outcomes and benefits for meeting national defense missions.
- Monitoring and reporting to Federal staff the progress of programmatic plans and solutions relative to schedule, and advising whether program deliverables conform to customer requirements, quality control standards, and negotiated metrics.
- Completing annual, quarterly, and other periodic reporting requirements at program reviews and meetings.
Preferred Clearance: Active DOE Q or DOD TS clearance
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Math or related field
- Requires a BA degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.16 years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated history of using financial knowledge and analytical strengths to inform strategic decisions
- Comfortable navigating complex operational processes across a large organization
- Successful juggling multiple activities, projects, and priorities
- Independent, self-motivated and exhibits the highest standards of accuracy and organization skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, Excel specialist
- Experience in developing briefings for senior and executive management
- Staff experience in military, government, corporate and/or interagency enterprise
- Knowledge of Microsoft Sharepoint and Teams, Tableau Software
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.