Leidos is seeking an experienced, industry leader in the assessment, engineering, and deployment of per- and polyfluoroalkyl substance (PFAS) investigation and treatment technologies to assist with the growth of our environmental services portfolio. The focus of your work will be developing and winning opportunities with our business development teams and our environmental services portfolio teams to expand our PFAS planning, investigation, engineering, and remediation services focused on the key themes of decontamination of assets, fluorine-free foam transition, and treatment of PFAS contaminated soil and wastewater. You will assist in the development of go-to-market strategies for bringing the best of Leidos to our clients to support their goals. You will leverage existing and establish new strong trusted advisor relationships to help our clients realize their goals through understanding their needs and providing appropriate solutions. You will be a great team builder and collaborator capable to drive growth for our people and delivering results for our customers.
You will also work with and act as a PFAS subject matter expert (SME) and assist project delivery teams in meeting our clients' project needs. In this role, you will provide technical strategy, conceptual design, and technical project assistance on site investigation, remediation, and emerging contaminants projects, particularly around Per- and polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS).You must be active in the industrial, commercial, and/or federal project engineering market, have positive relationships with clients, understand how to take new technical solutions to market, and draw upon network of professionals to grow our team to meet our clients’ challenges. This is an excellent opportunity for a senior-level professional looking to advance their career to the next level within a global environmental firm.
- Growth development for PFAS engineered solutions with multiple sectors aligned with Leidos’ environmental services portfolio.
- Work with the environmental services portfolio line leadership to further develop go-to market strategies related to PFAS.
- Working with existing market sector and business development leadership within targeted high growth areas.
- Develop and lead pursuit strategy bidding, winning, and successful delivery of exciting, high-profile, quality-driven, and commercially successful projects.
- Tracking the PFAS market, technology, and regulatory developments, providing updates to internal Leidos teams, and participating in market-facing events to increase Leidos’ profile.
- As SME, lead and coordinate teams of engineers, digital data specialists, and program managers for the implementation of projects.
- As SME, support Leidos’ continued investment in PFAS technology and engineering solutions development and deployment.
- Participate in Communities of Practice and team building, training, and recruiting to identify and expand delivery resources, including mentorship of junior engineers and project professionals.
- Integrate market strategy and skills development with the environmental services portfolio team.
- Participate in environmental growth strategy development & execution, including setting targets, budgets, and forecasts.
- Bring thought leadership to the business and clients; be widely recognized as an authority in their field both in and outside of Leidos.
- Keep up to date with developing best practices, standards, and technology to bring new thinking based on subject matter and/or sector expertise to the business and clients to raise profile within the client, as well as Leidos organization.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with other Leidos professionals and industry partners.
- Bachelors in chemical engineering, environmental engineering or geology/hydrogeology.
- 15+ years consulting experience working with significant industrial clients on complex site investigation/remediation and construction projects under a variety of state, federal, and international regulatory structures.
- Expertise in PFAS related topics, including publication through journals and/or conferences
- Experience guiding a team through all steps of a remediation design project.
- Experience preparing detailed technical and environmental reports.
- Experience interacting with regulators and clients to facilitate project progress.
- Excellent writing, communication, strategic thinking, and “people” skills.
- Experience with successful opportunity development, proposal leadership, and capture execution
- Master of Science or PhD degree in Chemical or Environmental Engineering, or related field
- Professional Registration (PE, PG, etc)
- Experience or familiarity with industrial manufacturing operations
- Experience with state and federal programs for capital improvement and engineering project delivery
- Background in technology innovation, product/solution go-to-market strategies
- An established reputation in the industry for delivering successful capital projects associated with PFAS, complex water/wastewater treatment, utility infrastructure such as fire suppression systems and training facilities.
- An inspirational leader having successfully delivered high-profile, large, complex projects.
- Clear client focus: able to build credibility quickly with team members and clients alike whilst exercising sound commercial judgment.
- Goal-oriented and enthused by the challenge of achieving targets, strong desire for personal achievement.
- Leadership style with strong motivational/encouraging approach; excellent team builder.
- Inspire, lead by example, hands-on, a true desire to be of service that is a personal driver; positively responsive; energy, passion; carries accountability with ease; fresh thinking yet mature in handling decisions.
Pay Range:Pay Range $136,500.00 - $210,000.00 - $283,500.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.