A Modern Approach to Transform Healthcare through technology. Today’s healthcare technology organizations face persistent demands to control costs and achieve greater efficiencies, while attempting to invest in strategic initiatives that improve patient outcomes. Leveraging new technologies and innovative approaches is important to meeting those demands. Unfortunately, with 77% of healthcare IT budgets going toward “keeping the lights on,” pursing strategic initiatives and new technologies is not happening. Leidos’ Digital Health Solutions provide healthcare organizations with the technical solutions, expertise, and return on investment they need to make their budgets go further.
HDS has an immediate opening for a Senior Mainframe Systems Programmer
A Senior Mainframe Systems Programmer is responsible for the z/OS Operating System and CICS Software Products. Responsibilities includes planning for new releases, installation, implementation, and maintenance. Responsible for coordinating hardware issue resolution and maintenance activities for production and disaster recovery locations.
- Plans Operating System and CICS Software Product new release installations
- Installs new releases of Operating System (Z/OS) and related components.
- Installs new releases of CICS.
- Develops procedures to tailor the Operating System to the Trinity Health environment
- Develops monitoring points to achieve optimal system performance
- Monitor system utilization to minimize peak demands (impacts monthly usage charges)
- Assists System and Application Programmers in problem resolution
- Insure Operating and System software products backup procedures are in place and functioning
- Prepares monthly report of system utilization, provides analysis for IBM Monthly License charges
- Apply Recommended Service maintenance to z/OS
- Responsible for planning unit and integrated testing to be done before applying to production
- Review impact of ongoing maintenance on ISV and application software and provides direction for any application changes that is impacted by the operating system change
- Responsible for understanding Mainframe programming language to ensure that the operating environment to resolve application failure
- Provides 24/7 on-call support for Operating System and CICS Software Product issues
- Provides 24/7 on-call support for Mainframe hardware (CPU, Disk & Tape Storage Systems)
- BS Computer Sciences or related field and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience, or MS Computer Sciences or related field and 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience
- 8+ years’ experience as a Mainframe Systems Programmer
- Basic knowledge of the principles and practices of project management
- Ability to effectively communication, both written and oral
- Understands the relationship between IBM Mainframe hardware, Operating System productions and application software
- 8 years’ experience in application development and/or support.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.