Come join Leidos and our high-performance team in helping the Air Force solve some of its most challenging problems. This is an opportunity to work on a high visibility program with a multi-disciplinary engineering team working in a state-of-the-art collaborative environment. In this position you will perform as a team member in the designing, developing, integrating, troubleshooting, and debugging of software. Duties include software requirements analysis, design, development and test of software products and tools. Duties also include developing documentation to support all phases of the software development life cycle. Strong communication skills are vital.
* Use sound software engineering and object oriented principles to develop new code, and integrate existing code, that is maintainable, efficient, reliable, understandable, and highly useable
* Adapting and converting engineering level models written and developed in MATLAB, SIMULINK, Python, C++, and other high level languages for implementation in engagement level models or real-time software
* Apply knowledge of Agile software development principles and techniques.
* Support the software configuration management process and understand software components and their interface requirements.
* The ideal candidate would be a self-starter, resourceful and reliable, and able to bring new perspectives and ideas to the company, and proactively complete assigned activities on time.
* BS degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science or related field, and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or a Master’s degree with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
* Experience working in an Agile software development team
* Proven background in software development, integration, deployment, and sustainment.
* An understanding of the software life cycle, and ability to estimate software development and sustainment costs
* Database development experience
* Experience in modeling and simulation development, integration, technologies, and principles
* Experience building, deploying, managing, and using web services and applications
* Ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
* Current Secret or higher security clearance
* Experience with virtual machines (VMs)
* Experience leading successful software development teams
* Experience writing software for radar or electronic warfare system models
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.