Leidos is seeking a Capture Director to lead a team of capture managers as well as leading medium to large sized capture efforts that are high complexity and strategic value to secure new business. The successful candidate will oversee the development, assignment and mentorship of assigned capture managers, ensure quality of win themes and proposal artifacts, and partner closely with the business and functional support elements to resource the team priority pursuits. This CD will have accountability to shape and win new business through a balanced focus on customer engagement, customer value, the competitive environment, corporate solution and pricing, as well as the corporation's best interests. The position will include developing capture strategy and business solutions for pursuit of opportunities, and playing a leadership role in defining technical solutions and competitive assessments. The CD will identify potential customers, competitive assessments, teammates and suppliers, and position-to-win; participate in bid and proposal activities and lead and integrate the assigned cross-functional team, including the authority to direct team activities for the duration of the pursuit. The CD will partner with the Defense Group, operations line and functional leadership, and BD organizations to ensure strategy and approach are in-line with business goals. Travel will be on an as-needed basis.
- The Capture Director is responsible for the capture leadership of an assigned portfolio of opportunities in support of the market strategy.
- The individual must thrive in an environment where they are responsible for the management and execution of the full life-cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals.
- This individual will be expected to identify gaps and emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design and execute formal capture plans, and monitor competitor activity for each capture.
- Candidates at this level will manage the overall win strategy, develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to win business with new and existing customers.
- The candidate is expected to exercise sound judgment within broadly defined practices and policies; regularly interact with all levels of management, functional POCs, staff, and customers; and display a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Characteristics for success include: familiarity with System Integrator (Leidos) capture process and practices, business and technical vision; strategic thinking; analytical presentation and problem solving skills; the ability to gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 15 years of professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to capture business across a heterogeneous portfolio
- A natural aptitude for strategic planning, financial analysis, capture management and teaming
- Diplomatic, persuasive and articulate communication style to establish and maintain rapport with internal and external customers / partners
- Aptitude for milestone-based capture process; to include opportunity identification, developing business cases, and capture management
- Proactive, superior attention to detail, project management, and organizational skills
- Business acumen, strong analytical and problem solving skills, reliability and sound judgment
- Passion for personal accountability, achievement, learning and continual improvement
- Ability to articulate complex issues into succinct, cohesive summaries and presentations
- Strong leadership and communications skills
- Technical background or operational experience
- Successful track record of significant and successful capture accomplishment and associated win rates
- US Citizenship required
- A technical degree is desired or background in Information Technology and Cyber Security
- Prior experience managing capture teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience with federal government budget, investments and acquisition processes
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, division managers, and peers across Leidos
- Business development / capture management familiarity within the Military industry base
- Capture experience with large Federal bids, particularly Defense departments
- Self-starter and ability to manage time independently without direct supervision
- The ability to operate at the senior level and influence, negotiate and close
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense government security clearance
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.