Leidos currently has an opening for a Database Administrator supporting a customized enterprise management application that manages curriculum design, forecasting, student registration, scheduling, instructor management, housing, financial management and comprehensive reporting. The system uses Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server databases. as well as standardized products including Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Linux Server, and VMWare operating systems.
- Provide analysis, design, development, and deployment support for customer database requirements
- Manage database auditing, to include daily review of audit reports
- Continually investigate methods to improve database reliability and performance for peer review and implementation alongside developers and systems engineers
- Provide input on capacity planning, high availability solutions and upgrade strategies
- Proactive database performance monitoring, tuning and best practices implementation
- Provide support and guidance to application developers with SQL tuning, data modeling and physical database design
- Enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards, ensuring that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems. Be available for after-hours maintenance activities
- Communicate with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors where standard remediation and/or re-engineering and architectural changes may be required
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards
- Create and manage repeating, automated database tasks.
- Perform baseline and continuous hardening for Oracle and SQL Server databases according to industry and U.S. Government security controls, and best practices
- Install, upgrade, and perform regular patch management of database management software components
- Maintain full operational capability of Oracle (12c/18c) and Microsoft SQL Server (>= 2016) backend databases in support of the various business applications
- Manage database access, including user, role, profile, and object-level permissions
- Bachelors’ Degree or additional years of relevant work experience and 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong, hands-on production-level Oracle DBA experience on Unix/LINUX systems
- Solid production-level SQL Server DBA experience
- Thorough database high availability and replication experience using utilities such as Oracle RAC, Data Guard, Data Pump, etc.
- Excellent experience with database design, creation, upgrade
- Solid knowledge of Oracle 12c and technical database concepts, such as: logical relational data modeling, physical data modeling, tuning large instances, resource management, data replication and backup/recovery techniques.
- Knowledge of heterogeneous database gateways, esp. between Oracle and SQL Server databases
- Experience in Oracle database tuning and SQL optimization using Enterprise Manager Cloud Control, AWR/ADDM, etc.
- Ability to develop key performance metrics
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to effectively troubleshoot, resolve, or escalate problems
- Experience with automating database tasks using T/SQL, PL/SQL, Python, ksh, bash, csh, and (Windows) PowerShell scripting, and other automation utilities
- Must have excellent communications and documentation skills
- Understanding of Change and Incident Management processes, including
- Subversion revision control
- Oracle Database Administrator Certifications
- Relevant AWS certification preferred
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.