The Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group is currently seeking a qualified and experienced Data Center Engineering Lead to work in our Springfield, Virginia office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your leadership skills supporting the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) on the UDS contract. As part of the Leidos leadership team, the successful candidate’s engineering expertise and management acumen will help run the NGA data center environment, both on premise as well as in the cloud.
A successful candidate must be a demonstrated professional with the information systems lifecycle as well as the engineering process. Duties will be based on the application of these principals to virtualization, systems administration of both Windows Server and Linux systems, database services, datacenter storage, patch management, networking, and environment backup and recovery.
- Serve as an SME in data center engineering, particularly in the NGA environment
- Design and implement datacenter information systems
- Lead root cause investigations and forensic analysis for datacenter problems and outages
- Coordinate with vendors and entities external to the program to find solutions for large scale issues and provide optimal customer experience
- Capacity Planning for growth and new applications and systems utilization, and assist with DR and COOP planning, setup, and testing
- Support the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed
- Provide guidance and professional leadership to less-experienced engineering personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities
- Prepare and maintain documentation for Concept of Operations, Service Level, Agreements, Continuity of Operations, Security Plans, Memorandums of Understanding, and other operational and security documentation
- Provide 24x7x365 support to restore service within established SLAs for service interruptions or other critical problems
- Coordination of security maintenance activities with key stakeholders
- Assist in the development of the Network Transport Architecture
- Develop detailed logical designs in areas of: hybrid cloud integration, virtualization platforms and solutions, physical systems, logical data flow, storage solutions, high availability concepts of operation, networking (VRFs, MPLS Security, IDS, Firewall, etc) and other areas as customer requirements are defined
- Ability to develop and implement virtualized solutions using, VMware and Citrix XenServer
- Experience with network, security, infrastructure architecture activities and tasks on a large government IT Infrastructure project with 24x7 mission support requirements
- Knowledge of and experience in implementation of cloud computing and virtualization solutions
- Detailed skills and experience delivering network services, including all aspects of operations and maintenance, change management, and cybersecurity
- In-depth knowledge and expertise applying data-driven practices and tools to deliver, manage and optimize service level and performance arrangements for customer relationship management, performance management and IT network services domains
- Practical application of current/emergent technologies, agile IT, ITIL and continuous improvement practices and techniques applied in large government enterprise network services and customer-centric environments
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills, and the demonstrated ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Security+ or other 8570 IAM II compliant certifications required
- Active TS/SCI with ability to pass a polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and a minimum of 12 years of experience
- 2+ years as a service lane lead in any one or more datacenter service lanes
- One or more of the following:
- Demonstrated experience designing Windows and Linux server environments
- NetApp, EMC, or other storage provider architect level certification or commensurate experience
- Database design/optimization experience with Microsoft SQL or Oracle databases
- Transport/networking design experience using CISCO, Juniper, Palo Alto, or other network appliances
- Strong foundational knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and networking
- Ability to read and develop using Windows Powershell, BASH, and/or other system automation languages
COVID Response: Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.