The Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group is currently seeking a qualified and experienced Data Center Service Lead to work in our Springfield, Virginia and St. Louis, MO office (one in each location). This is an exciting opportunity to use your leadership skills supporting the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) on the UDS contract. As part of the Leidos leadership team, the successful candidate’s networking expertise and management acumen will help run the NGA data center environment, both on premise as well as in the cloud.
A successful candidate must be familiar with the information systems lifecycle, asset custodian responsibilities, virtualization, systems administration of both Windows Server and Linux systems, database service functionality and delivery, datacenter storage concepts and application, patch management, and personnel management.
- Guide and manage personnel to meet Service Level Agreement system availability for data center service areas including virtual and physical server deployment and maintenance, database services, and storage services.
- Provide on-call support as required to ensure availability of mission critical services such as database systems, storage appliances, and access to network resources.
- Responsible for resolving a wide range of issues and complex technical problems or system failures; experienced troubleshooting skills that display ingenuity and creativity.
- Represents the organization as the primary technical contact interacting with senior external personnel on highly technical multi-agency coordinative efforts during technical reviews, exchanges, root cause analysis and special projects.
- Exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives and approaches to an assignment; work completion is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective for desired outcomes/results.
- Guides successful completion of major programs and infrastructure improvements; functions in a project leadership role to ensure timely execution, efficient governance of resources and technical execution.
- Develop documentation such as SOPs, various reports, Knowledge Articles, architecture maps, and other references, technical plans or supporting documentation as requested.
- Candidate must have considerable technical expertise and familiarity with other related disciplines such as Networks, Security, IT Policy, Knowledge Management, PII, and handling compartmentalized classified information on networks.
- Understanding of the following: Capacity Planning for future growth and to support new applications, Storage archiving for future use, Disaster Recovery (DR) planning, implementation, and testing, along with Continuance of Operations Planning (COOP) setup and operation in an emergency.
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills, strong communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly grasp and set priorities in a fast paced, and highly flexible environment.
- Ability to work with a diverse team and provide technical direction/oversight, coordinating and scheduling preventative maintenance & outages while mitigating impact to client.
- Ability to develop and maintain virtualization solutions hypervisors, VMware, Xen.
- Experience with network, security, infrastructure architecture activities and tasks on a large government IT Infrastructure project with 24x7 mission support requirements.
- Significant experience in troubleshooting datacenter scale systems spanning multiple service lanes.
- Knowledge of and experience in implementation of cloud computing and virtualization solutions.
- Detailed skills and experience delivering datacenter services, including all aspects of operations and maintenance, change management, and cybersecurity.
- In-depth knowledge and expertise applying data-driven practices and tools to deliver, manage and optimize service level and performance arrangements for customer relationship management, performance management and IT network services domains.
- Practical application of current/emergent technologies, agile IT, ITIL and continuous improvement practices and techniques applied in large government enterprise network services and customer-centric environments.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills, and the demonstrated ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Security+ or other 8570 IAM II compliant certifications required.
- Active TS/SCI with ability to pass a polygraph.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and a minimum of 8 years of experience.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining Windows and Linux server environments.
- NetApp, EMC, or other storage provider certification or commensurate experience.
- Ability to read and develop using Windows Powershell, BASH, and/or other system automation languages.
- Database administration experience with Microsoft SQL or Oracle databases.
- Understanding of Cloud and Virtualization concepts.
- Strong foundational knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and networking.
COVID Response: Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.