The Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group is currently seeking a qualified and experienced Data Center Network Lead to work in our Springfield, Virginia and St. Louis, MO office (one in each location). This is an exciting opportunity to use your leadership skills supporting the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) on the UDS contract. As part of the Leidos leadership team, the successful candidate’s networking expertise and management acumen will help run the NGA data center environment, both on premise as well as in the cloud.
A successful candidate must be familiar with Asset Custodian responsibilities, Architecture Definition Documentation and Planning, Release and Deployment management, Desktop Hosting Services, Desktop Image Management, Home Directory and Profile support services, Print and Scan support services, Desktop Software support services, Personal IT Device support services, and Conference Center support services. An understanding of Domain Services including Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) services and Windows Patch management is also desired.
- Serve as an SME in network administration, particularly in the NGA environment
- Analyze voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices
- Plan network layouts and configure systems to user environments
- Analyze network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements
- Support the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities
- Prepare and maintain documentation for Concept of Operations, Service Level, Agreements, Continuity of Operations, Security Plans, Memorandums of Understanding, and other operational and security documentation
- Provide 24x7x365 support to restore service within established SLAs for service interruptions or other critical problems
- Coordination of security maintenance activities with key stakeholders
- Developing, maintaining, and adhering to network standards and processes that include but are not limited to Security standards, configuration standards, hardware and software standards, and standard operating procedures for established network tasks
- Capacity Planning for growth and new applications and systems utilization, and assist with DR and COOP planning, setup, and testing
- Assist in the development of the Network Transport Architecture
- Develop detailed logical designs in areas of:IPv4 & IPv6 (will migrate to IPv6 over life of contract)-Routing Table Virtualization (VRFs)-Cisco MPLS-Security, IDS, VPN and various types of encryption
- Experience with open-source tools, including Elasticsearch, Apache NiFi, Spark, and Kafka
- Demonstrated use of Jenkins, GitLab, Nexus, Redmine, SonarQube, Threadfix, and other ASP tools
- Ability to develop and maintain virtualization solutions Hypervisors, VMware, Xen
- Experience with network, security, infrastructure architecture activities and tasks on a large government IT Infrastructure project with 24x7 mission support requirements
- Significant experience in networking and troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN etc.)
- Knowledge of and experience in implementation of cloud computing and virtualization solutions
- Detailed skills and experience delivering network services, including all aspects of operations and maintenance, change management, and cybersecurity
- In-depth knowledge and expertise applying data-driven practices and tools to deliver, manage and optimize service level and performance arrangements for customer relationship management, performance management and IT network services domains
- Practical application of current/emergent technologies, agile IT, ITIL and continuous improvement practices and techniques applied in large government enterprise network services and customer-centric environments
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills, and the demonstrated ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Security+ or other 8570 IAM II compliant certifications required
- Active TS/SCI with ability to pass a polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and a minimum of 8 years of experience
- QOS and COS
- Experience configuring and supporting devices such as Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet, SonicWALL, Checkpoint, Palo Alto etc
- Spanning Tree and Cisco VSS architectures
- Gigabit Ethernet Switching/Routing (OSPF & BGPv4)
COVID Response: Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.