Leidos NISC IV program is looking for an Associate Electrical Engineer to join our team in Fort worth, TX to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The NISC Program provides high-quality engineering and technical support services to FAA organizations responsible for NAS transformation in the areas of integration and implementation planning, transition planning, engineering support, environmental support, and other engineering and technical disciplines as required. Leidos is looking for a self-motivated quick learner with excellent communication skills who can work directly with the FAA customers under minimal supervision.
You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
The ideal candidate will:
- Support the FAA’s Technical Operations Division in conducting the level 2 Obstruction Evaluation (OE) analysis by using the current FAA provided OE Evaluation Desk Guide.
- Analyze and evaluate obstructions and their physical and/or electromagnetic effects on National Airspace facilities.
- Identify any electromagnetic and/or physical effect on air navigation, weather, radar and communications facilities.
- Analyze and evaluate OEs for potential adverse effect(s) to NAS facilities, equipment and services and identify mitigations to those effects.
- Assign to an appropriately qualified SME, normally an FAA engineer, for a Level 3 (in-depth) analysis in cases the results of the Level 2 analysis requires further study.
- Utilize analysis tools available including Google® Earth Pro and Radar Support System (RSS) to help in the evaluation.
- Utilize the FAA Work distribution tool iOEAAA (internet based Obstruction Evaluation Airport Airspace Analysis) to support the evaluation.
- Produce an OE Summary showing in-progress, delayed, cancelled and completed OE analysis.
Travel is 10%.
- Requires BS degree in Electrical Engineering OR in a related discipline OR equivalent experience/combined education and less than 2 years of relevant experience OR relevant years of experience may be considered/accepted in lieu of degree.
- Previous exposure reading and interpreting technical documentation and papers.
- Extensive knowledge of Google Earth Pro.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word.
- Excellent analytical skills (Math including trigonometry).
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust.
- Experience with three dimensional modeling or simulations.
- Extensive Knowledge in Radars and Navigational Systems.
- Experience with using programming language C, C++, Java or Python is a plus.
Please Note: The candidate will be working remote full-time temporarily due to the current COVID situation and will be expected to report in FAA Fort worth, TX office based on FAA guidance when things return to normal condition.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.