The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Chief Engineer/Principal Solution Architect at our Warner-Robins, GA office. Position requires a TS security clearance for consideration.
The Chief Engineer will serve as the principal technical advisor to the customer, and will lead a team of engineers and analysts. In this role, you will be a key interface to Project Managers, functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel, and will advise Government leadership to influence solution design, process and/or approaches. This position is a Key position.
The Chief Engineer/Principal Solution Architect will have primary responsibility for engineering leadership, solution architecting, and technology advisement in support of the customer.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and independently performs a wide variety of complicated tasks. Evaluate components and processes, determines design approaches and parameters, analyzes equipment to establish operating data, conducts experimental tests and evaluate results
- Develops solutions that are innovative and deliverable, achieved through research, qualification and integration of best practices.
- Recommends and develops new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of functions strategy and operations
- Ensures quality products and services are delivered.
- Contributes to program efforts in several areas, including cost management/avoidance, schedule estimation and tracking, contract performance management, risk management, requirements analysis, and quality assurance activities.
- Utilizes communication skills to direct the skilled technical resources and report on the technical progress, issues, and problem areas, and communicates and coordinates the resolution of all project-related problems to the appropriate Government lead.
- Liaises with multiple contractor and subcontractor teams through to project completion.
- Active Top Secret security clearance. Able to obtain TS/SCI clearance.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related technical area and 12 – 15 years of total experience including the training, qualifications, experience, and clearances to accomplish all tasks identified above.
- Must have AF DCGS related experience; demonstrates in-depth understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members. Ability to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches. Ability to communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project.
- Experience managing a team of engineers and projects.
- Master’s degree in business, science, technology, or engineering.
- Detailed knowledge of AF DCGS weapons system.
- Able to lead complex Solutioning activity comprising: software architecture design and engineering, DevOps and Cloud development.
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills and organizational acumen, able to influence stakeholders across the business at all levels to bring momentum behind resource improvement and change activities.
- Demonstrable experience delivering resources - able to navigate through the complexities of developing and implementing processes, developing skills and putting in place the supporting infrastructure.
- Understanding of key business activities including business development, capture & program management.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.