Responsibilities The Network Engineer will be responsible for GAIT mission planning, engineering, implementation, cyber security and troubleshooting as required to support users requiring GAIT services to include RHNs down to the Tactical-Edge. The Network Engineer duties will also include managing various components of the infrastructure, including wired and wireless routers, switches, Cisco Voice over IP (VOIP) components, appliance based specialty networking or system hardware, configuration of alert management systems on other managed infrastructure components such as service desk tools, and monitoring and alerting infrastructure which serves as the nexus of the GAIT incident and alter management system. The candidate will create/review technical designs and make recommendations to the technical lead of the project regarding the security aspects of the solutions.
Other duties include but are not limited to;
- Bring an Innovative approach to the network field of expertise on a team.
- Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of new security products, maintain knowledge of emerging cyber technologies for application to the enterprise.
- Plan, Design, and Implement emerging technologies for added capabilities while also cutting costs.
- Manage projects as a technical lead, possibly overseeing other engineers.
- Brief senior leaders within the government on current projects and decision briefs for roadmap emerging technologies.
- Document requirements and properly manage updates & deployments using existing change management processes.
- Participate in the identification and resolution of complex infrastructure problems (Tier 3 support) utilizing structured trouble-shooting tools and techniques.
- Provide cross-training and mentoring to existing engineering personnel in various fields.
- Shift work may be required
The Network Engineer should have a working knowledge of the topics listed below or have the potential to learn the required knowledge in a reasonable timeframe.
They are listed in priority.
- Load configurations on router/switches (CCNA R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) (CCNP R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) (CCNP R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Dynamic Multipoint Virtual Private Network (DMVPN) (CCNP R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Multicast (CCNP R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand switch technologies (CCNP R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Policy Based Routing (PBR) (CCNP R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) (CCNP SP)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand MPLS Layer 3 VPN (L3VPN) (CCNP SP)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand MPLS Layer 2 VPN (L2VPN) (CCNP SP)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand various SP technologies i.e; MVPN, LDP, MP-BGP (CCNP SP)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand the VMware vSphere 6.0 and above (VMware VCP-DCV)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand the various NetOps applications, such as: SNMPc, Solarwinds ORION, Radius, and TACACS (Cisco ISE)
- Information Assurance (IA) o Load IOSs on Cisco firewalls/IPSs (CCNA Security)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and configure Cisco firewall/IPS configurations (CCNP Security)
- Understand routing and traffic flows in the RHNs, and downrange assets (CCNP Security/CCNP R&S)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and configure Cisco Security Manager (CSM) (CCNP Security)
- Setup, troubleshoot, and configure Palo Alto virtual firewalls
- Setup, troubleshoot, and configure Palo Alto’s Panorama firewall management tool
- Create trunks (CCNA Voice)
- Build call managers (CCNP Voice)
- Create route patterns (CCNA Voice)
- Setup and operate the Voice Gateway Routers (VGR) (CCNP Voice)
- Understand call setup and call traffic flow (CCNP Voice)
- Set up and operate KG-175A and KG-175D model TACLANEs and/or similar encryption devices
- Bachelor's degree with 4 or more years of related experience, or Master's degree with 3 or more years of experience. Additional years of directly related experience can offset the degree requirements.
- Must have active secret security clearance
- An in-depth knowledge of IP networking and processes is mandatory.
- The candidate must possess knowledge that is on-par with a Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification, but the certification is not a requirement for the position.
- Experience managing a large enterprise network
- Experience including LAN and WAN technologies based on Cisco hardware and platforms
- Experience and expertise in system architecture, planning, design, engineering, network management, operations and support of medium to large multi-services enterprise IP network which cover a regional to global geography
- Strong knowledge of DoD IA/RMF and IT regulations and guidance
- Strong knowledge of routing, switching, VPNs, PKI and CSfC
- Hands-on experience with McAfee products such as ESM, email and web gateway.
- Hands-on experience with Windows Server 2012R2, Windows 7/10, REL 6/7
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must be able to travel up to 25% if required
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Shift work may be required
- “On Call” may be required
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.