As a Director, Real Estate Strategy, you will develop, gain concurrence for and execute Leidos’ workplace occupancy strategy and reporting for owned/leased and operated facilities throughout the US and globally for your group. You will lead a team of multi-discipline professions to execute both the strategy and programs and projects associated with the group’s strategy. This is critical as workplace occupancy costs are the largest overhead controllable expense within the enterprise/group behind salary and benefits. Travel required as needed. Some room for telecommute.
Senior member of a multi-faceted team providing leadership and management of a corporate real estate portfolio for a $13B international company consisting of over 360 sites/~10M square feet in over 40 states/20 countries with a budget of over $275M in annual operating budget
• Provide overall leadership and accountability for strategic planning, portfolio alignment, metrics, reporting and utilization.
Manage a task-organized team of experienced specialist employees in multiple disciplines.
Modulate team size/participants based on the complexity and scope of work.
Contributes to the development of the strategy and own operational direction for workplace strategy.
Accountable for managing and communicating short and long-term direction within the team and to the group/ops/divisions.
Typically negotiates and compromises to convince internal and external parties to accept concepts, practices and approaches of the area.
Utilizes expert domain knowledge, professional principles and theories to develop advanced concepts, techniques, solutions and standards.
Serves as a subject matter expert for real estate, facilities for the group.
Lead and drive commitment to corporate financial goals via value capture efforts by providing overall leadership and management on all real estate/workplace related projects:
• Creative leasing/occupancy strategies
• Footprint optimization/space consolidations
• Location closures
• Lead real estate aspects of bid and proposal efforts and current contract re-competes/bid & proposal to maintain current contracts while growing new business, pricing
• Provide overall leadership and responsibility of strategic planning, portfolio alignment, metrics, reporting and utilization.
• Negotiate all lease terms to include options, TI allowances, lease periods of performance, rights of first refusal, options out and renewal options to best align with contract and corporate requirements
• Liaison between senior business leadership (Corporate Executives, Group Presidents, CFOS and all operating business units) with corporate real estate and our external real estate partner (Jones Lang LaSalle)
• Communicate with parties within and outside of own project/family, and has responsibility for communicating with diverse parties external to the organization.
• Negotiate and influence others to understand and accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
• Arbitrator of competing priorities and requirements between operational units and corporate objectives
• Provide objective viewpoints and clarity for the myriad of multiple requirements across disparate organizations with separate and distinct requirements. Ensuring the best result for operational and corporate goals
• Daily coordination with finance, transaction management, project management, occupancy planning, and facilities management.
• Lead and facilitate meetings across groups with senior leadership, corporate services, individual contributors regarding workplace strategy
• Analyze complex problems to seek understanding of the underlying issue and root cause of the problem.
• Improve upon existing solutions, programs and processes using significant conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation.
• Lead and manage build out of special requirement spaces to include SCIF, SAP, customer communication requirements, data centers, training centers, conference centers, and generators to meet overall requirements for programs supporting national security
The Leidos CRE department has the largest strategic partnership in the enterprise for functional services. With such, the CRE team members you will be working with are largely outsourced contract partners who are subject matter experts in their individual areas.
B.A. or B.S. and 15 years experience in Business Management or related field; MBA or related graduate experience is a plus
Minimum of 10-15 years’ experience in real estate finance, architecture or program management
Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience managing or supervising teams of multiple discipline professionals
Thorough Knowledge of MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong analytical and research skills
Demonstrated skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
Exceptional interpersonal skills
Ability to multitask
Ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels of the company
Ability to work as a member of a multifaceted team
Ability to see the big picture, as well as execute at the tactical level
Demonstrated leadership skills
Ability to be empathetic, listen, understand, translate, and communicate multiple requirements in a manner understandable to the lay person and synthesize into concise data points
Strong relationship management skills; able to develop "trusted advisor" status with Group/business unit and mid and senior level management tiers
Ability to make and drive critical decisions and influence and embrace cross-functional teams.
Strong communications (written and verbal) skills, including solid negotiation, presentation and consultation skills
Analytical and strategic problem-solving capabilities, including ability to leverage metrics to analytically assess and solve problems.
High energy and enthusiasm define and drive this newly formulated position.
Functional experience in corporate real estate, space planning, or construction project management
Intellectual curiosity concerning business drivers and impacts
Enterprise awareness, Group/business unit focused
Forward thinking, able to visualize ideas
Strategically minded with tactical appreciation
Personable—able to work with potentially difficult people
Effective people management capabilities
Comfortable with senior management interaction
Independent, aggressive self-starter
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.