Leidos is seeking a Cyber Engineer-CND Tools SME to perform technical engineering and systems design work as part of an integrated team of CND SMEs supporting the DoD’s JRSS (Joint Regional Security Stack) deployment activities. JRSS is a multi-year, global effort to improve the DoD’s security posture and provide enhanced security capabilities and analytics by centralizing and virtualizing network security into regional stacks rather than locally distributed appliances. This position is responsible for providing requirements analysis, systems engineering and design, implementation support, and ongoing performance enhancement work for CND tools in a complex cyber environment. Candidate does not need to be an expert in all tools but should have significant experience with DCO architecture and tool capabilities and design. The candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team that supports active and passive Computer Network Defense (CND) tools as implemented in the JRSS. Must effectively collaborate and integrate with external technical teams and customers consisting of varied levels of DISA personnel, vendor technical support personnel, and technical representatives from DoD services, ultimately working as part of an integrated, cross-platform team that provides design, engineering, and implementation support for complex CND capabilities in support of DoD-wide military base/post/camp/station migrations. This role will be based in Springfield, VA or Ft. Meade, MD. An active Top Secret security clearance is required.
The candidate will provide technical leadership in the full lifecycle implementation of JRSS CND capabilities - requirements analysis, systems design, engineering, technical documentation development, deployment, and training. Candidate should have extensive CND architectural design and engineering experience as well as significant hands-on experience with one or more JRSS CND Tools.
The successful candidate will be able to do the following:
• Assess system requirements and provide detailed analysis for use by the DISA JRSS PMO and stakeholders during planning and implementation of a large complex, world-wide cyber defense system
• Support JRSS migrations by gathering requirements, conducting gap analysis (based on customer vs JRSS tool suite), designing an integration architecture, and writing Engineering Implementation Plans
• Provide engineering support for ongoing JRSS DCO architectural optimization
• Prepare engineering alternatives in support of PMO requirements to be delivered as Courses of Action (COAs) decision briefings and ultimately implemented within the JRSS environment
• Lead global architecture or re-architecture efforts to design, deploy and integrate new tools in JRSS stacks
• Configure all CND tools to meet requirements for syslog, file and database event collection and reporting for hand off to Operations and Maintenance (O&M) teams
• Create custom scripts to support health and performance monitoring to be utilized by O&M staff
• Create and edit content to optimize CND tools for security incident and event management
• Provide SME-level support on issues related to the cyber threat landscape, potential attack vectors, and cyber security risks for IT systems to the DISA PMO, the Liedos PMO, and relevant other GMSO task orders
• Identify solutions within the system environment in order to enhance/improve system performance
• Provide JRSS Tier 3 CND SME guidance and expertise to Tier 1/2 O&M stakeholders as issues are escalated
• Provide troubleshooting expertise to resolve tool issues, either within the tool or as part of an integrated team of professionals addressing larger, more complex issues
• Provide “on the job training” to less experienced JRSS, DISA or DoD Services’ team members
• Provide subject matter expertise during CND Training courses and Q&A sessions
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 12+ years’ experience; or 10 years’ experience with a related Master’s degree or equivalent work experience. Additional work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
Significant experience and knowledge of the cyber threat landscape and attack vectors
Significant experience with one or more of the CND tools in the JRSS cyber suite:
o Tipping Point
o ELK components
Experience in full lifecycle execution of complex engineering and implementation projects
Significant knowledge of TCP/IP communications
General knowledge of router and firewall functionality on a network
Knowledge of Unix and scripting languages
Familiarity with the MS Office tool suite
Excellent written and oral communications skills with ability to appropriately present highly technical material to a broad set of audiences
Active DoD Top Secret security clearance is required.
DoD 8570 IATII certification is required
Experience leading complex engineering and implementation projects with cross-functional teams
Prior experience as a network intrusion analyst or Security Operations Center analyst.
Experience configuring and maintaining tools in a multi-tenant environment
External Referral Eligible
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.