Leidos has openings for a talented Network DevOps Engineer to work in our headquarters in Reston, VA.
The Network DevOps Engineer will support the design and implementation of modern network architectures, will engage modern automated network DevOps processes, and engineer hybrid cloud integration for advanced software defined networking.
• Be an active member of a team focused on the design and planning, evaluation and integration of: network engineering, network DevOps, network programmability and network testing of vendor solutions
• Participate in requirements definition, design and backlog management of network related architecture, software development and testing activities
• Evaluate technologies and solutions to increase network programmability, network automation, network simulation & testing, and network DevOps capability in support of business and mission requirements
• Develop, test and deploy network configuration scripts to manage through Infrastructure as Code (IaC) the next generation of routers, switches, gateways, firewalls, intrusion detection, and endpoint protection devices
• Participate in the development and testing of network device and network service data models in support of model-driven programmability and automation
• Participate in an effort to automate processes that collect, normalize, and analyze network log telemetry data
• Assist in the analysis of network data for trends and anomalies that compare and adjust network data models
• Work in a team that will automate provision, configure, deploy, and administer secure enterprise network resources on premises in the Data Center and in cloud using AWS and Azure via device abstraction and APIs
• Participate in evaluating systems and solutions that will assist in establishing the network source of truth (e.g., network discovery tools, CMDB, IPAM, DCIM, ITIM, ITSM, SCM-INV)
• Leverage industry’s best practices and enterprise architecture frameworks such as IETF, OpenConfig, TOGAF, DoDAF, etc.
• Participate in agile planning andestimation activities to break down large tasks into Epics, Use Cases and Stories
• Participate in agile scrum meetings and work within Network Engineering, NetDevOps, Zero Trust and SecDevOps best practices
• Collaborate with other systems engineers in implementing Network Ops specific CI/CD best practices
• Mentor and share knowledge, experiences and best practices with other engineers in network engineering and DevOps
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering, or related field and 8+ years of networking experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
• Experience in DevOps and/or NetDevOps orchestration and automation
• Understanding of YANG data modeling and OpenConfig
• Understanding of APIs/interface standards such as: SOAP, REST, JSON/XML-RPC, NETCONF, RESTCONF
• Understanding of Software Defined Networking (SDN) and familiarity with one or more of the SD-WAN technologies: Cisco DNA Center, VMWare VeloCloud, Arista, Juniper, other
• Understanding of software engineering and secure coding practices using Python and/or other object-oriented languages
• Experience in networking, routers, switches, gateways, IPS/IDS, firewalls, TCP/IP, SNMP, wired and wireless, and comprehensive knowledge of network architecture and engineering principles
• Hands-on experience configuring, managing and troubleshooting routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection, and endpoint protection devices
• Experience designing, configuring and testing networks
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent team player, enjoys working and collaborating in an agile team environment
• Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques
• Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance (US citizenship)
• Recent experience with network engineering, cybersecurity and information assurance accreditation processes for DoD, IC, Health or FedCiv customers
• Experience with YANG, YAML, NETCONF, RESTCONF, Python, Jinja, and Ansible
• Hands-on experience with network engineering scripting/programming/testing tools (Python, Postman, pyATS, Anisble, Cisco NSO, etc)
• Experience with agile development processes and DevOps tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence
• Understanding of continuous integration, delivery, and automated test tools such as Jenkins, GitLab, Itential
• Active DoD security clearance
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.