The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a System Administrator Intern - Linux to work at the Reagan Test Site (RTS) Operations Center – Huntsville (ROC-H) location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Defense product line mission. In this mission we support rapid acquisition of critical services and products, including test instrumentation prototypes related to leading edge directed energy, Hyper-Sonics, and zero trust development.
- Works with to day-to-day supervision to achieve objectives as identified by Development Team Technical Leadership with direct impact on project timelines.
- Responsible for supporting sub-tasks within projects; many with specific deliverables in the Modernization efforts within the Delivery Order.
- Responsible for providing documentation and meeting support as directed to provide project status / and or risks to success.
- May implement technical solutions that require collaboration with other Modernization Team personnel to deliver a functional SSMC.
- Develops solutions to technical problems and issues, and provides to the operations team for implementation and test, that require technical knowledge.
- Requires understanding of and ability to apply Linux container and virtual environment configurations as well as software integration / release support and concepts of IT technical domain and has understanding of other related specialty areas (RMF, Change Management); or ability to learn.
- Provide technical support, administration, and monitoring of Linux and Microsoft systems within a VMware or Hyper-V virtual environment.
- Provide support for the implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to collect data, conduct analysis, develop, and implement solutions associated with solution and requirements.
- Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for Root Cause analysis, technical assessments, and process improvement initiatives.
- Currently pursuing a degree at an accredited college/university in a related field
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- US Citizenship required
- Linux experience preferred
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.