Are you interested in improving and shaping the IT industry?
Leidos is seeking an Administrative Assistant who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting an Investor-Owned Utility client headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana. Leidos has a long-term customer who we have supported in all areas of IT operations since the client’s first outsourcing engagement over 20 years ago.
Leidos has an opening for a highly motivated candidate to join our team as an Administrative Assistant. This position requires a person with demonstrated office management expertise, superior professional demeanor, and the ability to learn and accomplish a wide variety of day-to-day responsibilities that ensure program success. Key attributes include initiative as well as critical thinking to identify and prioritize actions to assist the team to be successful in achieving program goals.
Location: New Orleans, LA or The Woodlands, TX. Role is currently remote, however once COVID restrictions loosen candidate may be expected to report to the office/client site.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Duties to be performed include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for providing administrative assistance to a large team of 200+ employees
- Responsible for scheduling travel, completing expense reports, time charging questions and other questions as they arise.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of client files and privacy of information.
- Requires strong organizational skills, good time management, attention to detail, and multi-tasking abilities.
- Primary responsibilities require strong computer skills for managing databases, word processing, and spreadsheets.
- Work on assignments that are routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required
Required Education & Experience:
- High school diploma with 2+ years of administrative experience
- Must have strong computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be flexible team player with the ability to handle multiple tasks and assist all team members
- Must be able to work well under deadlines and changes
- Must be very detail oriented
- Demonstrated persistence in following-through on action items and open issues to full closure
- Experience booking travel and creating expense reports in Concur (preferred)
- Experience with onboarding/offboarding employees to include ordering/collecting equipment, first day details, answering first day questions (preferred)
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.