Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Leidos, the implementer for Ameren Illinois' award-winning energy efficiency programs, seeks a Deputy Marketing Director. The Deputy Marketing Director's primary responsibility is to oversee the day-to-day operations of the Marketing and Outreach Team. Under the leadership of the Marketing Director and in collaboration with the program management teams, the Deputy Marketing Director will lead marketing and outreach team members in their daily efforts to develop integrated marketing initiatives, build brand awareness, encourage participation in the energy efficiency programs, and help to achieve energy savings goals. In addition, this position will play a critical role in market development efforts and community engagement tactics across the Ameren Illinois service territory. This role will directly manage a talented group of marketing and outreach professionals while also assisting the Marketing Director in overseeing several subcontractors' activities.
Job Location: Ameren Illinois and Leidos believe it is very important to provide employment opportunity to the utility ratepayers that reside in Illinois. Therefore, there is Strong preference for the successful candidate to be located in the Ameren Illinois service territory https://www.ameren.com/illinois/company/about-ameren/service-territory (roughly the southern two-thirds of Illinois). The Ameren Illinois service territory includes several large to mid-size communities such as Galesburg, Quincy, Peoria, Bloomington-Normal, Champaign-Urbana, Danville, Decatur, Springfield, Charleston-Mattoon, Effingham, Mt. Vernon, Marion, Carbondale, and Metro East (Belleville, O'Fallon, Granite City, Edwardsville, Alton, Collinsville).
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
- Assist in leading the development and execution of bold, creative, and integrated marketing initiatives for the programs to meet performance goals cost-effectively while leveraging both traditional and non-traditional strategies and tactics.
- Assist in the development of annual marketing plans with additional information on key initiatives and project timelines.
- Support the Marketing Director with contract development and execution for crucial marketing suppliers and vendors.
- Assist in providing final review and quality control of all marketing collateral for consistency and accuracy.
- Assist in developing scopes of work and budgets with key marketing suppliers and vendors.
- Coordinate and lead the planning efforts for significant outreach events to ensure a successful engagement with customers and program partners.
- Participate in regular team, program leadership, and client meetings to ensure the department meets the program and takes the necessary actions.
- Support the marketing budget management and track all associated expenses to maximize communication efforts and optimize cost-effectiveness.
- Create and track project timelines, action items, and budgets as assigned to ensure marketing projects and tasks are completed on time and within budget.
- Assist with organizations, vendors, and internal groups to develop joint promotions to maximize marketing communications reach where appropriate.
- Enforce brand standards to ensure consistency of brand messaging and corporate voice.
- Manage team and provide regular updates to Marketing Director.
Required Education, Skills, Qualities and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field; advanced degree preferred.
- 6+ years of work experience in marketing or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of project management experience; 4+ years of energy efficiency industry experience preferred.
- Demonstrated capability and success in the development and execution of integrated marketing strategies.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods, including alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong creative development skills.
- Experience with developing marketing plans and adapting strategies to meet organizational needs.
- Exceptional organizational, management, and interpersonal skills, including effectively managing a diverse marketing team.
- Can-do attitude, will to succeed, and desire to learn new skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, quality, and follow-through.
- Professional demeanor and dedication to delivering unparalleled customer service to the client.
- Experience with managing budgets, record-keeping, and organizing data.
- College level math and English skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.