Leidos is seeking a Senior Graphic Designer with a TS/SCI Clearance to join our corporate proposal team.
The job of the Senior Graphic Designer is to conceive, design, lay out, and coordinate conceptual illustrations and creative artwork. Develops interpretive themes that convey ideas and information. Creates graphic presentations that communicate mood, emphasis, insight, viewpoint, and similar visual impressions. Provides guidance on graphic technology. Works closely with internal company contacts to understand requirements and create efficient graphic designs through available mediums. May also have responsibility or input on reproduction and printing processes through in-house resources or outside vendors. Must be willing to travel to and within the National Capitol Region; some domestic and international travel may be requested. Principal work location Columbia, MD but may also work in Rockville, MD or Chantilly, VA.
- Using Adobe Creative Suite and PowerPoint skills, conceives, designs, lays out, and coordinates conceptual illustrations and creative artwork in accordance with Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements, Proposal Operations Standard Operating Procedures and Leidos branding guidelines
- Creates proposal graphics and presentations for proposal inclusion and customer presentations
- Reads and interprets RFP requirements to ensure compliance with all font, page, sizing, and other proposal submission requirements
- Creates visually aesthetic and compliant proposal cover art
- Develops and jointly maintains Art Log of work to document proposal graphic control numbers and varied iterations and post completed work to a collaborative environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ensures graphics are developed within Proposal Schedule
- Participates in daily team tag-ups as appropriate
- Provides visual Quality Assurance (QA) Quality Control (QC) of all proposal graphics
- Bachelors degree and 8+ years of experience.
- Must have the ability to interpret and understand Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements
- Skill with Adobe Creative Cloud, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Skill with Microsoft Office Suite, especially PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written with customers and company personnel
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as required
- Top Secret-SCI Security Clearance is required
- Previous experience in commercial or government proposal graphics
- Design school experience is preferred
- Due to the nature of the environment (fast-paced, high volume, while meeting deadlines), the individual must be a team player, self-starter, skilled at working under pressure and must possess outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Conceives, designs, lays out, and coordinates editorial illustrations and creative artwork
- Expert skill set with Adobe Creative Cloud and PowerPoint
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.