The Senior Financial Analyst validates expenses to accounts and/or cost centers via the analysis of invoices, accounts and their related contracts. Analyzes, reviews and submits payments of complex invoices under current/new payment and procurement processes. The SFA communicates with various groups within the customer organization to ensure invoices are received and payments are made correctly and efficiently. The SFA analyzes, monitors and manages numerous bank accounts on a monthly basis. This includes pulling bank statements, matching them to invoices and distributing to the analyst team for expensing. The SFA reconciles accounts to the General Ledger as well as preparing for annual audits.
The SFA facilitates communications between Finance, Budget, Contract and Procurement teams in regards to availability of funding for existing contracts, the creation of new contracts, and the recommendation of new concepts that would allow the teams to efficiently meet customer requirements.
- BA in Accounting or Business or similar degree and 12+ years of experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles and government accounting standards/regulations.
- Strong background in the entire Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel
- Ability to problem solve, multi task and work in a fast paced, cyclical and demanding work environment where processes constantly evolve and there is always a need for new recommendations and intuitive thought processes.
- Possess high attention to detail abilities and demonstrating critical thinking with the ability to analyze and resolve contract, invoice or payment discrepancies and implement corrective actions.
- Knowledge and ability to create budgetary and accounting reports (when necessary) and present their results and/or findings to the customer.
- Position requires a problem solver that can pull together knowledge from a broad range of subjects to produce thorough analysis of multifaceted, challenging issues, and use those analyses to find solutions.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service,
- Strong organization skills with ability to plan and prioritize assignments and successfully multi-task.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.