Leidos Mission Solutions Group is seeking a senior Audio Video Engineer to perform tasks consistent with maintaining all aspects of a video teleconferencing, video capture system, to include working with the sponsor and vendors to identify and engineer components to enhance, update or upgrade the system. Must be able to quickly respond to customer issues regarding application/hardware related issues, resolve on the spot problems. Candidates must be able to replicate issues for internal analysis/diagnosis, and prepare/proofread technical documentation accurately depicting the problem and/or solution for feedback to developer/vendor and program stakeholders.
• Coordinate/Lead team to provide Video Tech support to the Sponsor, to include resolving conflicts, creating schedules, maintaining SOPs and leading problem resolution
• Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
• Monitors the audio-visual network for quality using sponsor provided tools. Adjusts as required to bring within tolerance.
• Setup; maintain; audio/video equipment to include Cisco Codecs, Bright Sign Media Players, AppSpace application, DVTC systems verifying that systems work as designed within a video grid system; resolve discrepancies
• Maintain an integrated video grid comprised of multiple inputs from US and overseas sources including satellite transmissions. Ensure satellite ground systems are optimized for signal capture.
• Provides technical support and systems training to end-users; prepare and maintain standard operating procedures as necessary
• Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned; recommend enhancements to the physical infrastructure or capture processes
• Participates in special projects associated with a complex, secure video grid providing technical expertise as required.
• Work in a fast paced near real time environment with little margin of error to meet dynamic customer demands in a positive sponsor focused manner
• Must be able to prioritize time and efforts of a team to meet dynamic sponsor requirements accurately, de-conflicting schedules and availability of unique equipment and transmissions
• Must be team player and willing to both share knowledge and learn from others to ensure team's success
• Effectively communicates and collaborates with Managers and Administrative staff in support of business objectives, working across Sponsor organizations to de-conflict objectives and equipment availability
• Performs additional related duties associated with technology insertion and process improvement as requested.
• Manages the functionality and efficiency of Audio/Visual systems supporting major conference events. Maintains the integrity and availability of systems
The selected candidate will join the P516 Team and work directly with Mission personnel. Our team uses a wide variety of services to deliver critical Mission functions to Production using agile development principles. This position requires a person who can work within the team, but also function independently, act proactively and is comfortable working with the sponsor on a day to day basis.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific/technical discipline, plus 12 years relevant experience. Work experience may be considered in lieu/combined with education, for example, HS diploma with 16+ years of experience.
Currently holds an active and in-scope clearance with the US Government sponsor (TS/SCI with Poly)
Experience with video teleconferencing and video recording equipment
Ability to communicate technical details to technical and non-technical audiences
Ability to analyze customer or product requirements and create total system solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
Must possess strong work ethic; good customer service skills and strong attention to detail as well as the ability to prioritize tasks, work independently and resolve scheduling conflicts of specialized resources
Able to act independently and proactively
Able to resolve day to day issues and understanding of when to escalate for support
Excellent interpersonal skills
Subject Matter Experience
Open Source Enterprise (OSE)
Maintaining TV GRID systems
Specific experience with the Sponsor’s mission and business practices
Ability to provide onsite customer support
Experience with VTC and video recording
Experience with TV systems
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.