Leidos Health Group has an immediate opening for a Digital Modernization Architect to support our Federal Health customers.
In this role, you will help our customers solve their most demanding challenges by applying modern application development and modernization practices including methods, tooling, platform and frameworks. The candidate will ensure Leidos existing innovations regarding modern application development, our CI/CD pipelines, low-code/no-code platform, use of cloud native platforms are appropriately leveraged in our IRADs, portfolio of digital products and on delivery. The candidate provides leadership in maturing Leidos capabilities for application modernization for the federal health market. The candidate will leverage their deep experience in modern development practices (agile, SAFe, DevSecOps), leveraging CI/CD pipelines, polyglot data management , AI/ML, RPA, modern application frameworks and platforms, 12-factor, low code and no-code application platforms in providing consulting services to support our customers’ adoption of digital platforms and outcomes.
The successful candidate will work hand-in-hand with line management, business development, capture management, research and development, and other subject matter experts to develop optimal and differentiated Leidos solutions to be delivered on programs, Leidos digital products and platforms or on research and development projects. This resource is intended to combine their exceptional application architecture with problem solving skills and high emotional IQ to solve problems and make a difference chiefly in short to mid-term consultative engagements.
- Builds and curates a comprehensive portfolio of application development, enhancement, and modernization capabilities and offerings relevant to the Federal Health marketplace, incorporating capabilities of Leidos’s application frameworks, open source projects, polyglot data management, AI, serverless architectures, low code and no-code application frameworks
- Establishes and maintains relationships with Leidos accelerators, Technical Core Competencies and key alliance partners to seek, qualify and leverage the best ideas, solutions and models across the company and throughout our community of trusted partners
- Curates proof points and past performance qualifications for Leidos success stories for building and modernizing mission-oriented enterprise applications for the federal government
- Identifies market trends in technology, methodologies, and organizational designs for application development
- Engages with program teams to incubate, build out, and sustain cloud adoption capabilities, offerings and solutions
- Provides senior-level technical leadership for major or strategic Leidos applications-oriented captures, establishing the main solution concepts, identifying key elements of solution and approach differentiation
- Shapes procurement through presentations and white papers to clients and speaking engagements
- Determines which alliances to pursue and events for Leidos to participate
- Actively works with partners to shape procurements and future technologies
- Educates delivery and capture teams on the implementation of new applications-oriented initiatives, providing associated training as required
- Master's degree (or equivalent) and 15+ years in Information Systems, Information Security, IT, EE, Network Engineering, Computer Science or Bachelor's Degree and 20+ years of prior relevant experience
- Significant experience (5+ years) designing, building and curating application development capabilities and offerings for the Federal Systems Integration market
- In-depth understanding of application, cloud, middleware, data management, cyber, enterprise IT, data center optimization and SDN concepts; experience leading the design and integration of enterprise-level technical solutions.
- Experience leading digital modernization efforts for federal health clients such as NIH, HHS, FDA
- Experience in capturing technical requirements and defining technical solutions in the form of conceptual, logical, and physical designs, including the ability to articulate those concepts verbally, graphically and in writing.
- Experience in developing solutions for new business opportunities to include writing white papers and proposals.
- Ability to synthesize solution design information, architectural principles, available technologies, third-party products, and industry standards to formulate a system architecture that meets client requirements and can be delivered within the desired timeframe.
- Experience developing cost models, technical delivery plans, technical solutions and basis of estimates (BOEs), including BOM development. Also develop concept of operations and discuss these models in Agile, HHS EPLC, federal SDLC or ITIL based terms.
- Experience identifying potential design, performance, security, and support problems, including ability to identify technical risks/challenges and develop relevant mitigation strategies.
- Has deep knowledge of modernizing legacy applications to current and Next-Generation application design patterns
- Experience in modernizing mainframe applications including treatment methods ranging from rehosting to rebuilding using modern application methods and tools while using rule and logic extraction tools
- Strong understanding of the use of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, ‘Everything-as-code’ approaches, DevOps processes and tools, virtual machines, containers, container orchestrators (Docker Data Center, Kubernetes and variants like OpenShift, Cloud Foundry, EKS, AKS), ‘cloud native’ application design patterns, use of AWS, Azure, Salesforce or ServiceNow services in rapidly building applications, understanding of ensuring security for cloud applications
- Has experience in rationalizing portfolios of client server applications into cloud native application patterns
- Has deep experience in SOA and microservice architectural patterns, particularly in ESB- and API-based design patterns
- Has experience in refactoring application to take advantage of inherent resilience, scalability an automation provided by cloud providers such as AWS and Azure
- Has experience in migrating databases from proprietary RDBMS vendor solutions to polyglot data management solutions, optimizing effectiveness, cost, performance, and analytics needs
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Agile/SAFe/DevOps Certifications
• AWS or Azure SA certifications
• Experience in deploying AI solutions
• Strong technical acumen and experience leading the development of complex solutions for migrations of portfolios of applications to cloud platforms, including portfolio assessments, establishment of treatment pathways (retire, replace, rehost, refactor), portfolio program management of migrating/refactoring/rehosting applications and dependencies, verification and validation and deployment .
• Experience leading the architectural design and development of application (custom and/or COTS), SOA, cloud, application platform, continuous integration/continuous delivery, Platform as a Service (PaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), microservices, BPMS, BRE, case management, Enterprise Content Management, Web Content Management, containerized platforms, agile development, agile-at-scale for large Federal Civilian, DoD, and Intelligence clients
• Experience in planning and executing cloud application migrations or cloud native application development programs for federal customers
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.