Leidos has a professional career opportunity in Reston, Va. for a Corporate Event Planner. The successful candidate will play a key role on the Leidos Corporate Events team, which is part of the Communications & Marketing team. Leidos Corporate Event Planners report to the Corporate Events Director and work closely with Leidos executives and stakeholders across the enterprise to plan and execute business meetings and special events that support our growth and mission.
The Corporate Events team provides full-service strategic event planning that drives business and achieves goals, and the team plans more than one hundred events annually across the U.S. and abroad. The job of the seasoned Corporate Event Planner is to provide executive-level event management support through industry experience, partnerships, and expertise. She/He is responsible for entire projects and processes within the area of event management that also includes procurement and financial reconciliation and budget tracking. Primary responsibilities include providing comprehensive, tactical meeting/event logistical support and event technology (e.g., Cvent) services for meetings, events, and conferences. The Corporate Event Planner provides support to the Board of Directors and Leidos Executive Leadership Team, as well as various leaders and teams across the enterprise.
- Manage event venue site searches and third-party vendor assisting with RFP distribution and negotiations
- Web-based event invitation and registration site builds (e.g., Cvent)
- Group travel coordination
- Budgeting & cost savings tracking
- Organizing/archiving meeting data/files
- Catering and audio-visual coordination
- Attendee registrations and fee collection/processing
- Onsite staffing/facility management
- Conference materials development
- Invoice payment/reconciliation
- Manage stakeholders with end user customer service mindset and high level of care
- Post event support including tracking ROI via online survey/evaluation and hot-wash meetings
- Supplier procurement and budgeting
- May provide concierge-level event service to the CEO, Executive Leadership Team, and Board of Directors
- Ensuring policies and procedure are followed and compliant with Federal Government regulations
- Travel (up to 25%) when necessary to support key meetings and events
- Evening/weekend work may be required
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college with 4-12 years of experience in the meeting management, conference planning, and/or event technology industry or Masters with 2-8 years of prior relevant experience.
- Able to manage multiple events/logistics simultaneously in a professional, organized fashion
- Ability to manage competing priorities in fast-paced environment
- Skills and aptitude for high-touch, concierge-level event service
- Articulate, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service oriented with aptitude for going above and beyond to exceed stakeholder expectations
- Excellent computer/software and analytical skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
- Tech savvy with ability to create/maintain registration websites, surveys, email invitations, etc. using Cvent event solutions software
- Team player with collaborative approach for managing complicated scenarios
- Confident individual with the ability to interact with all levels of management
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ideal candidate will reside in the Washington, D.C. area upon start date and be able to work out of the company’s global headquarters in Reston, Va. Note: Flexibility for work from home may be an option as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Cvent technology experience; experience with similar event technologies and/or basic html coding
- Certified meeting professional designation
- Active (past or present) related professional association membership(s)
- Procurement or finance background
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.