Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection & Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully-integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers. Leidos’ SDA Operation, in conjunction with the TSA, also performs on-call, onsite installation servicing of X- Ray Detection Equipment using leading edge technology to ensure the safety of our clients, customer and passengers. The Security Detection and Automation Operation is comprised of these divisions to align with our customers’ missions and needs:
Interested in working alongside a team that helps keep our nation safe as it pertains to travel? We have an immediate need for a Sr. Quality Engineer in Tewksbury, MA to help optimize our Leidos Security Products, namely the Compact Advanced Personnel Screening Equipment ProVision 2 to start!
Supplier Quality Professional to implement tools and processes to ensure Leidos’ key suppliers and Contract Manufacturers have robust plans to deliver first time quality. The person will investigate, evaluate, and resolve supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends, and leading continuous improvement projects. The Supplier Quality Engineer will conduct capability assessments that verify supplier qualifications, travel to assigned suppliers, and lead multiple projects to completion.
- Manage the Contract Manufacturer quality to deliver products that are in compliance to manufacturing process.
- Utilize supplier Scorecards/metrics and analytical tools to quantify performance levels of individual suppliers and work with those suppliers to develop improvement plans to achieve quality performance goals.
- Evaluate the impact of non-conforming product and assess suppliers' corrective action robustness in order to ensure strong and permanent countermeasures.
- Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers to eliminate recurrence of non-conformances and drive "Zero Defect" mentality within the supply base.
- Perform Source Inspection of product at supplier locations
- Perform and Evaluate First Article Inspections as well as train suppliers to meet system expectations.
- Perform process audits to ensure that the Supplier’s QMS is maintained and process improvements are sustained
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience in Manufacturing and/or Supplier Quality
- Working knowledge of Quality Management Systems and ISO9001:2015
- The ability to rapidly assess, analyze, and quickly resolve quality problems with little initial information or direction and with varying degrees of ambiguity
- Experience in project management
- Solid organizational skills, ability to work and interact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working with a Contract manufacturer of complex electro-mechanical systems
- Possess knowledge and experience with the manufacturing, inspection, and acceptance of Electro-mechanical systems and/or Printed Circuit Boards of varying complexities.
- Direct knowledge of Manufacturing processes and supply chain logistics from raw material to finished goods
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.