Leidos is seeking a Hardware Systems Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Terminal Flight Data Manager (TFDM), which is a tower-based Next Generation (NextGen) Air Transportation System program that improves surface management and efficiency. TFDM supports new services that provide automation to current, manually-intensive operations and replaces critical, outdated systems in the National Airspace System (NAS). TFDM shares electronic data among controllers, air traffic managers, aircraft operators, and airports.
As part of our Systems engineering team, you will support the development, production, and testing of current and future system designs. Your scope of work will be a combination of mechanical, electrical, and design projects depending on team requirements, challenging you to come up with creative solutions to affect rigorous quality and performance targets.
- Candidate will participate in the Systems Engineering (SE) design lifecycle for hardware products that may include research, development, estimates, processes, and to provide technical content to meet cost, schedule, and design objectives.
- Candidate will develop electrical wiring, cable diagrams, schematics, Cable Label Block Diagrams (CLBD) for interconnection/installation of components/assemblies,
- Candidate will create and do updates of CAD drawings, Bill of Materials, Cable Marking Specifications, as well as Retrofit and Workbook Installation Instructions.
- Participate in design reviews, communicate with vendors/suppliers, oversee fabrication, participate in troubleshooting/problem solving during integration, and ensure collaborative support across hardware or systems design, procurement, system admin, operations, integration, and build team personnel.
- Develop new designs or modifications of existing systems as required to meet project goals. Assignments are normally outlined in terms of overall objectives and anticipated results.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and repair systems in assigned area by utilizing standard engineering and scientific principles.
- Work with CAD Designer and other engineering support organizations to produce documentation such as engineering drawings, source control drawings, system specifications, and test procedures.
- Product selection trade studies, development of System Bill Of Materials, Rack and Console builds,
- Other duties will include supporting the engineering change process and other duties as assigned.
- Understand, communicate and apply new concepts quickly. Must be able to work independently or on a team.
- Must be able to work extended hours as required.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in related engineering discipline, or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Your GPA needs to be included on your application and resume.
- US Citizenship Requirements
- Candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer.
- Strong Communication and Experience working with Microsoft Office is required (e.g., Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Candidates having experience in AutoCAD, Solidworks, Inventor, VISIO, or CAD software tools is a plus.
- Communicates with peers to explain facts, basic analysis, processes and practices related to this area.
- Proficiency in designing parts and assemblies using 3D modeling software.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.