Leidos is seeking a Project Manager to work within the Project Management Office that plans and leads a diverse portfolio of projects on behalf of the U.S.’s National Science Foundation to support Antarctic science and research under the United States Antarctic Program (USAP). The mission of the National Science Foundation is "to promote the progress of science; to advance the national health, prosperity, and welfare; to secure the national defense..." and as the prime contractor program managing the Antarctic Support Contract, Leidos Project Managers have opportunities to lead and support some of the most unique projects around the globe. The selected Project Manager candidate will be expected to be well experienced and competent in whole-project-lifecycle engagement and leadership – in taking projects and project teams from beginning to successful project delivery and completed closeout.
Location: 100% telework is allowed for this position, if the selected candidate is not local to Centennial, CO quarterly travel for 1 week to the office in Centennial, CO is expected at the candidates expense.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Lead in the development and execution of project initiation activities including, requirements gathering & management, project charter and project execution plan development, stakeholder identification and management.
- Have a thorough knowledge of project schedule and estimate development methods and tools, and establishment of cost and schedule baselines that will establish the performance expectations of project lifecycles. Knowledge of Primavera P6 is a benefit, but at a minimum must understand scheduling relationship types, basic scheduling knowledge, critical path, etc.
- Executes projects by following standardized project management processes, specifically; scope management, change management, communications management, quality management, resource-needs planning and management, and project information and data management.
- Hands on experience with the typical steps of a construction project from submittals and RFI’s, to red-lines, as-builts, and closeout.
- Be knowledgeable in project procurement management. Areas of required knowledge and experience include contract types, contract and subcontract negotiations, and development of statements of work, requests for information, and requests for proposals.
- Lead in the identification and management of project risks.
- Develop, deliver, and present monthly project status reviews and briefings.
- Navigate a matrixed organization to identify the resources and support needed to ensure project success. Manage projects throughout their entire lifecycle as part of a portfolio within a large, complex organization.
- Leverage communication and collaboration skills within a diverse workforce.
- Obtain and integrate requirements from external stakeholders, while working with the team to implement new technical solutions leveraging advanced concepts.
- Ensure high end-user and client satisfaction.
- Lead, manage and integrate day-to-day execution of project activities in accordance with contract requirements while holding those accountable to perform necessary tasks.
- Ensure technical, schedule, cost, and financial performance are maintained within established thresholds.
- Ensures compliance with program quality standards.
- Serves as the primary contact for assigned projects.
- Interfaces with task and functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel.
- Plans and executes project closeout activities.
- Possesses strong creative, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to manage a team of engineers through the progression of design while keeping individuals held accountable and hitting schedule deadlines.
- Candidate must have experience organizing the project documents working collaboratively with other users.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of Construction and/or Project Management experience with Vertical Construction/Building Projects or Facilities Maintenance/Upgrade Projects, including 4 years at the Project Manager or Construction Engineering Manager level of responsibility. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Relevant experience includes the delivery of complex projects ensuring coordination of multidiscipline and multi-company teams, understanding design risk assessments, and reviewing technical design documentation for coordination of civil, structural, mechanical and electrical.
- Must be articulate in communication with multiple levels of clients and stakeholders. Must be comfortable speaking with all different groups: subcontractors, internal engineering, and National Science Foundation representatives.
- Must have current working knowledge of construction industry standards and certifications.
- Must have demonstrated experience maintaining cost and schedule performance using earned value methodologies.
- Experience managing various types of contracts for subcontractors including, but not limited to, Fixed Price, Time and Materials, Design Build, Incentive-Based.
- International travel to support led projects is be expected.
- Professional Registration or Project Management Institute certification is desirable.
- Experience maintaining current infrastructure while building replacement infrastructure.
- Experience in government contracting.
PHYSICAL AND / OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Eventual international travel will be required in this position. Travel to Antarctica requires successful completion of the National Science Foundation (NSF) physical, dental, and psychological examinations prior to travel to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. US citizenship or permanent residency is required.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.