Leidos is seeking a Data Engineer to support the development of mission-critical applications involving AI/ML capabilities. The Data Engineer will create ETL processes, develop cloud data pipelines, conduct data analysis, and create data visualizations. This role will maintain responsibility for the maintenance, improvement, cleaning, and manipulation of data in the business operational and analytics databases. The Data Engineer will work with the business’s software engineers, data analytics teams, data scientists, and data warehouse engineers to comprehend and aid in the implementation of database requirements, analyze performance, and troubleshoot any existent issues. Due to the nature of the role, only U.S. Citizens may be considered.
This position may initially be performed remotely during the contract transition. Candidates will need to attend in person meetings at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling AFB and/or Reston, VA.
- Design and develop reusable data pipelines to support batch and stream processing of large volumes of structured and unstructured data
- Collaborate with team members including Business Analysts, Data Scientists, Machine Learning (ML) engineers and Application Developers to solve complex problems and fulfill business requirements
- Develop code to automate ETL, cleansing, and other processes to support exploratory data science analysis and model development
- Utilize open-source and secure cloud-native services to implement data pipelines and orchestrate complex process flows
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Instrument controls to measure and monitor pipelines and report metrics on data quality and performance
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability and similar
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data, and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Implement security controls to secure and protect data “at rest” and “in transit” and restrict access to only users and systems with required privileges
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing developed products into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer implementing data processing pipelines
- Experience working in model development teams composed of Data Scientists and Machine Learning (ML) Engineers
- Graduate degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, or related field
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and MongoDB
- Experience with data pipelines and workflow management tools such as Airflow and MLFlow
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools: Cloud Formation, Terraform or similar
- Experience with object-oriented and functional programming languages: Python, Java, Scala
- Fluent in at least one major big data/stream processing tool: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, or similar
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- Candidates must already possess an active TS/SCI clearance.
- Candidates must be willing to obtain and maintain a polygraph.
- Experience supporting intelligence mission-based projects
- Expertise in Data Science tools and ML frameworks including Jupyter notebooks, TensorFlow, PyTorch, AWS Sagemaker, and similar
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.