Leidos is seeking a UI Developer to support development of mission critical applications involving AI/ML capabilities for intelligence mission. The UI Developer will work closely with UX Designers, Business Analysts, engineers, developers, and data scientists to learn from the users and produce low-high fidelity comps and prototypes which will be tested, iterated, and briefed for development. This role includes product centric interaction and interface design working on low-mid fidelity static comps and interactive prototypes. The UI Developer will work on visual design initiatives that adhere to design principles overall consistency.
You’ll work closely with other UX and UI engineers, engineers, developers, data scientist to learn from the users and produce low-high fidelity comps and prototypes which will be tested, iterated, and briefed for development. Product centric interaction and interface design working on low-mid fidelity static comps and interactive prototypes. Delivering UX best practices while working closely with data scientists, product owners, mission engineers, and software engineers. Working on visual design initiatives that adhere to design principles overall consistency, Elevating the UX team by delivering best in class on time on every project.
This position may initially be performed remotely during the contract transition. Candidates will need to attend in person meetings at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling AFB and/or Reston, VA.
- Working with clients, User Experience Designers and Business Analysts to develop the overall look and design
- Producing, maintaining and modifying user interfaces
- Incorporating applications, graphics, audio and video clips into websites
- Creating tools that enhance the user’s experience
- Ensuring websites are accessible across many platforms, including laptops and tablets
- Routinely testing websites for ease of use, speed and other quality factors
- Fixing any issues or bugs that arise
- 5+ years experience developing intuitive web applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Web Development, Graphic Design, or related discipline.
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- Candidates must already possess an active TS/SCI clearance.
- Candidates must be willing to obtain and maintain a polygraph.
- Professional written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment to create top-performing user experiences
- Proficient in visual design and wireframing tools
- Reactjs, Nodejs/MERN stack experience is a plus
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.