Need a change?
In our Albuquerque, NM office we are looking for you, our next Electro Mechanical Optical Engineer to design and perform a variety of electro-mechanical-optical experiments for an applied R&D contract. You will get to work alongside a multi-disciplinary team, in collaboration with Government researchers doing fun experiments primarily in a laboratory with some field testing with mobile/transportable optical tracking systems.
Challenges you will get to accomplish:
- Perform requirements definition for testbeds and test equipment for a variety of electro/mechanical-optical experiments, based on provided test objectives.
- Design, procure parts for, build, align, and calibrate custom testbeds and test equipment.
- Design, procures parts for, build and test instrument control and data acquisition hardware.
- Modify and develop data acquisition tools using software such as LabVIEW.
- Modify and develop data reduction and analysis tools.
- Perform Field testing of equipment dealing with directed energy.
- Operation and modifications of platforms with accelerometers and linear displacement instrumentation.
- Work independently as well as with a team, learn new skills quickly, demonstrate excellent communication and problem-solving skills, be organized, detail-oriented, careful, flexible, and self-motivated with a can-do attitude.
- Good working knowledge of spatial tracking including but not limited to celestial objects.
This is you:
• Associate degree in Electronics, electro-optics, physics, electrical engineering, or equivalent related field with at least a minimum of 10 years of experience.
• Must have an active Secret security clearance.
• Experience with the following: operating mechanical-electro-optical equipment such as, sources, detectors, sensors, lasers, optical trackers and various characterization equipment; collecting, analyzing, interpreting data, writing test plans, documenting test results and generating reports; performing computer-based data acquisition and analysis.
• Experience with lasers, sources, optics, electro-optics, detectors, cameras, calibration equipment and diagnostic equipment is required.
• Good computer skills using MS Windows are required, with proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Must have strong electrical and mechanical skills, and also possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must have experience in with linear and angular vibration characterization and vibrational platform data collection
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Experience with programming data collection systems
• Bachelors degree in listed fields.
• Experience is desired in testbed design, build, alignment, and calibration; data acquisition development; and test planning, data collection and test reporting.
• Top Secret SCI clearance
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.