Excited to start our your new career?
In our Albuquerque, NM office we are looking for you, our next Mechanical Engineer to perform a variety of mechanical designs and analysis for an applied R&D contract. You will get to work alongside a multi-disciplinary team, in collaboration with Government researchers doing fun experiments primarily in a laboratory environment.
Challenges you will get to work on:
• Perform requirements definition for mechanical equipment for a variety of electro/mechanical-optical experiments, based on provided test objectives.
• Design systems for analysis using codes including SolidWorks, ANSYS and Python.
• Modify and develop analysis tools using software such as finite element analysis. .
• Modify and develop analysis tools using software such as MATLAB C/C++.
• Work independently as well as with a team, learn new skills quickly, demonstrate excellent communication and problem solving skills, be organized, detail-oriented, careful, flexible, and self-motivated with a can-do attitude.
This is you:
• Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, systems engineering or equivalent related field with or an associates and 2 years of experience.
• Must be able to obtain secret security clearance.
• Experience with the following: operating mechanical vacuum equipment, laboratory equipment such as, sources, detectors, sensors, and characterization equipment; collecting, analyzing, interpreting data, writing test plans, documenting test results and generating reports; performing computer-based data acquisition and analysis.
• Experience with ANSYS CFD MATLAB/Simulink, SolidWorks, LabView, Python, C++
• Good computer skills using MS Windows are required, with proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Must have strong mechanical skills, and also possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Experience is desired in testbed design, build, alignment, and calibration; data acquisition development; and test planning, data collection and test reporting.
• Software programming for control systems including optical-mechanical test beds.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.