Leidos has an opening for a highly motivated candidate to join our team in Peoria, IL as a Lead Program Financial Analyst. This position will support the Finance and Accounting Department for implementation of a $100M+ per year utility energy efficiency contract. The successful candidate must be able to work independently to meet program Accounting and Finance needs as well as other team objectives, and should possess the capacity to manage several high level deliverables in coordination with Program Finance Manager. The candidate should be detail-oriented, organized, and capable of analyzing large sets of data. This position will report directly to the Program Finance Manager located in Peoria Illinois with the finance department.
This position also requires the ability to be flexible in meeting strict deadlines, and working closely with the Program Finance Manager in process improvement and task management encompassing all internal and external aspects of finance.
Job Location: Ameren Illinois and Leidos believe it is very important to provide employment opportunity to the utility ratepayers that reside in Illinois. Therefore, there is Strong preference for the successful candidate to be located in the Ameren Illinois service territory https://www.ameren.com/illinois/company/about-ameren/service-territory (roughly the southern two-thirds of Illinois). The Ameren Illinois service territory includes several large to mid-size communities such as Galesburg, Quincy, Peoria, Bloomington-Normal, Champaign-Urbana, Danville, Decatur, Springfield, Charleston-Mattoon, Effingham, Mt. Vernon, Marion, Carbondale, and Metro East (Belleville, O'Fallon, Granite City, Edwardsville, Alton, Collinsville).
- Ability to work with large amounts of data and provide high level analysis of revenues, expenses, other overhead costs in coordination with the Program Finance Manager
- Create meaningful financial reports and help find discrepancies
- Assist in management and completion of monthly Portfolio level reporting
- Gather and organize financial documentation and records for analysis
- Manage vendor invoicing discrepancies from start to finish in coordination with the Program Finance Manager
- Must be independent in meeting deadlines and project goals
- Understanding of Accrual reporting
- Clear and concise communication to the client, Program Finance Manager, and other Program executives
- Ability to quickly adapt to ad hoc requests and a fast-changing environment
- Identifying trends in Financial performance and provide recommendations for improvement
- Ability to identify process gaps, and propose solutions to remediate issues
- Adapting and utilizing all internal and external finance databases and systems
- Oversight of internal and external incentive check batch processing and payment
- Control of approvals for internal and external invoices
- Management of contracts regarding all financial aspects in coordination with Program Finance Manager
- Ability to process returned checks and credits
- Assistance with management of invoice cycle daily completion
- Coordination & supervision of sub-contractor communication in utilized systems
- Management in all monthly reporting requirements both internally and externally in coordination with the Program Finance Manager
- Ad hoc projects as needed from Project Finance Manager
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of experience in related fields (Finance, operations, accounting). Bachelor's degree in Business/Finance or Accounting strongly preferred. High school diploma with additional years experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience in Energy Efficiency a plus Experience in Salesforce a plus
- Intermediate to advanced experience in Excel and other analytical tools
- Working knowledge of standard Accounting procedures & GAAP
- Ability to understand and create P&L, Margin, and other related Financial analysis
- Must have skills to develop, maintain and/or modify accounting systems as needed to ensure adequate recognition of financial analysis and transactions
- Must possess proven capability and experience working both tandem and serial tasks, with a self-motivated and can do attitude
- Strong organizational skills needed to handle multiple tasks/projects
- Ability to pivot quickly in situations
- Ability to manage high volumes of tasks in a fast-paced, cyclical and demanding work environment
- Ability to work as a team player, working towards one combined goal
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.