The primary mission of the United States Mint is to serve the American people by manufacturing and distributing circulating, precious metal and collectible coins and national medals, and providing security over assets entrusted to us.
Its cyber security program is one of the United States Mint’s critical needs and one of the most pressing priorities for the bureau’s Information Technology Department (ITD). The Information Technology Department is responsible for securing not only standard information technology infrastructure, but also an Industrial Control System (ICS)/Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) infrastructure. ISD is responsible for maintaining regulations and requirements governing federal IT security, addressing the increasing frequency and sophistication of cyber-attacks, and supporting an overarching effort of continuous organizational improvement and maturity. ITD maintains a continuous monitoring policy and a heightened focus on cyber security compliance and operations.
The Leidos USMINT Project Manager will support the Cyber Security Operations Team by acting as the Project Manager for up to 50 concurrent projects through all phases of the project lifecycle. The Project Manager will lead these efforts from project initiation, project planning, project execution, monitoring, closeout and maintenance of certification programs. The PM will work on jobs of very complex scope and be required to independently plan and manage all stakeholders throughout the program lifecycle. The PM will also support the Program Manager with day-to-day program requirements.
- Managing personnel resources and site lead assignments
- Assisting the Program Manager in the following actions: manage cost, staffing, schedule, deliverables and quality assurance
- Daily activities will include being imbedded on project teams, soliciting input from the technical team to ensure all dependencies (internal and external) are documented and tracked; actively supporting Integrated Baseline Reviews; interfacing with other internal teams and customers to develop and prepare resource assignments, identify and document schedule and risk, manage the integrity of the baseline data, status and provide inputs in support of the business rhythm.
- Candidate must be able to communicate the impact of schedule status and baseline changes to a senior level audience.
- Maintaining and briefing the program risk register
- Developing and maintaining program processes, plans, and documentation
- Managing performance metrics and reporting
- Serving as the owner of the internal SharePoint site for documentation
- Develop contract proposals for new USMINT work opportunities
- Works with commercial vendors, Leidos internal management and technical staff to cohesively manage multiple projects
- Develop / execute an efficient work plan, define program milestones, and communicate dependencies and risks associated with the projects.
- Reviews projects for activities, risks, and dependencies and provides insight to those areas to project stakeholders.
- Manages program cost and expenses and ensures that project stays within budget.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Business or Technical discipline and 8-12 years of experience, and at least 3 years of Project Management experience
- Ability to deliver projects on-time, within scope and within budget
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs.
- Ability to manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders (including internal technical team)
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Ability to manage project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Significant experience in managing relationships with various functional roles and responsibilities within the company for the benefit of the program.
Must be able to obtain a public trust clearance.
- PMP Certification
- Scrum Master Certification
- Experience working with Federal security standards
- Strong sales/marketing background
- Experience leading short term contracts
- Experience working in a CRM tool
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.