The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within the Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Data Operations IT Manager to work in Kearneysville, West Virginia. The Operations Manager will serve as the Leidos primary representative responsible for all Enterprise Operations services and collaboration with other service providers in the developing, operating, and maintaining critical United States Coast Enterprise Operations Data Center for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) United States Coast Guard’s Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC) – Kearneysville, WV. Under this program, Leidos will partner with the USCG C5ISC in continuing to evolve and modernize the infrastructure managed services to empower the end users (EUs) to successful execute the USCG’s eleven mandatory missions.
The Data Operations IT manager is responsible for a broad range of duties, with a primary emphasis on continuous data security, data accessibility and data availability of the USC’s Enterprise Operations Center for all of the 65,000 EUs. The Data Operations IT manager will
- Lead the coordination with Operation Centers (NOSC, NOC, SOC, EOC, etc.) leads and support personnel to resolve service disruption issues and to enhance situational awareness and operational service performance.
- Guide and direct the day-to-day activities required to deliver end-to-end monitoring, management, administration, and maintenance for all enterprise services and infrastructure
- Ensure continuous monitoring/management of cyber security service components (e.g. alarms, events, logs) for security, capacity, performance, availability and support elements (power/cooling)
- Lead weekly service operations meetings apprising Government leadership of SLA performance, network and system operations, security, remediation activities, performance impacts, system outages, and other operational matters
- Ensure adequate resources, procedures, and reporting for backup, restore, and data recovery strategies and consistency with SLA requirements
- Ensure all network devices and systems comply with the configuration baselines and all Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) are accurately configured and applied
- Ensure processes are in place to review, update, and develop documentation for system and network services, data storage operations and maintenance processes and procedures, and provide recommendations for improvements/changes
- Provide support to the network and systems security personnel in Information Assurance and Cybersecurity incident response
- Guide and direct performance of operational security functions, as required, and provide accurate reports, to include but not limited to Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs) and vulnerability patching
- Have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or related field
- Equivalent years of directly related experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
- The Data Operations IT manager requires a minimum of 8+ years of experience including IT Operations, with expertise in leadership and expertise in identifying, planning, developing, and executing IT operations including (7+) years of prior experience leading, managing, and overseeing large-scale enterprise operations and support teams
- Demonstrated experience managing globally dispersed teams with responsibility for service operations comprising at a minimum network operations, administration, operations and maintenance, and security operations and monitoring
- Demonstrated expertise in Enterprise Operations, including management of enterprise operation centers
- Demonstrated experience in operations and maintenance of complex IT solutions in a large scale, distributed enterprise
- Demonstrated experience in practical application of life-cycle system engineering (SELC) for IT infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience transitioning from complex Enterprise IT legacy system to modern state-of-the-art Enterprise IT systems, Networks and cloud capabilities
- Demonstrated support of Security Operations Center functions such as continuous monitoring, operating, reporting, and detection, investigation, and defending and maintaining the cyber security components
- Demonstrated support of continuous monitoring and management of cyber security service components (e.g. alarms, events, logs) for security, capacity, performance, availability and support elements (power/cooling)
- The Data Operations IT manager have intimate knowledge of cybersecurity and security applications.
- Master’s Degree in related IT field, DoD 8570 IAM II Certifications such as CAP, CASP, CISSP, CISA, CISM, GCED, GCIH, or GSLC
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.