The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within the Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Subject Matter Expert (SME) with primary expertise in License Plate Reader (LPR) technology and secondary expertise in Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology. The work location is to be Ashburn, Virginia. This is an exciting opportunity to support the Integrated Traveler Initiatives 2 (ITI2) Program for U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). ITI2 will support CBP’s ongoing need to explore and implement new ways to maintain, enhance, and refresh existing systems, as well as to maintain, develop and deploy new technical solutions. These solutions are intended to satisfy ongoing requirements for traveler processing through land, sea, and air ports of entry, as well as through Border Patrol inspection checkpoints. In this mission we are looking for a collaborative and forward leaning individual who wants to tackle new challenges and be a part of creating innovative solutions for national security and flow of travel and commerce.
The LPR-RFID SME is responsible for LPR and RFID designs on the program, and operational performance of such systems. They will serve as the Leidos expert on the contract for these technologies. He/she will provide the advice, analysis, planning, direction, and coordination necessary to accomplish all LPR or RFID-related work requirements and task orders and coordinate with other contractor personnel, including subcontractors, to satisfy related contract requirements and associated deployments.
The LPR-RFID SME will lead the solution development and deployment of such systems and infrastructure for approximately 360 ports of entry and 39 Border Patrol checkpoints. This includes comprehensive analytical, engineering, and technical support services required to deliver a broad range of related innovative solutions and professional services to sustain and modernize CBP/DHS legacy systems, protect traveler privacy, meet and exceed all cybersecurity requirements, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical and related mission-support functions.
A background investigation (BI) based clearance is required.
The successful LPR-RFID SME shall:
- Serve as the Leidos principle LPR-RFID engineer to provide engineering expertise and guidance for the design, development, implementation, and sustainment of related solutions that enhance overall system mission performance, security and availability.
- Lead the research, analysis, solution design and implementation planning of LPR and RFID solutions for the modernization of existing applications and installations.
- Drive strategic technological innovation, demonstrating a breadth and depth of knowledge in all things related to sensors, systems, and processes.
- Provide technical knowledge, analysis, and systems design expertise.
- Provide advice on complex sensor integration and process flow matters that require expert-level knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation.
- U.S. Citizenship
- BS/BA and 12+ years' experience engineering and architecting enterprise solutions, some of which includes LPR and RFID sensors and systems
- Demonstrated expertise in such systems, including requirements analysis, performance analysis and system design
- Familiarity with Agile development operations
- Demonstrated experience leading design and implementation of complex hardware and software integrated solutions on a large program ($50M+)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in electrical engineering, computer science, physics or equivalent technical field with specific work experience in LPRs and RFID readers.
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in electrical engineering, computer science, physics or related field
- Demonstrated experience in network and cyber security design, engineering and operations with emphasis on DHS capabilities
- Experience with NIST SP 800 series and/or ISO 27000 series documents for information security management and risk assessment
- Demonstrated experience in ITIL, ISO20000 / ISO27001 implementations
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.