Leidos is seeking an IT Service Desk Manager to support the NORAD and USNORTHCOM (NNC) Network Operations and Maintenance (N2NOMS) contract The Service Desk Manager is responsible for overseeing Tier 1 and 2 personnel who support the NORAD/USNORTHCOM (NNC) network. The candidate will lead the team in troubleshooting and problem solving using on-the-job experience, documentation (SOPs), knowledge bases, and deployed network and IT management tools. The Customer Service Manager will manage schedules to ensure optimal coverage, addresses personnel issues that may arise from time to time, and maintains team morale.
This position will report directly to the Service Delivery Operations Manager.
What will you do in this role?
• Understand and function within Service and Operation Level Agreements with customers and solver groups.
• Interact with management to facilitate timely problem resolution.
• Work with Tier 3 Subject Matter Experts to improve Tier 1 Service Desk troubleshooting and standard operating procedures.
• Conduct quality control on tickets.
• Identify performance requirements.
• Review and analyze metric reports and other supporting reports.
• Approve implementation of performance improvements.
• Manage Service Desk queue.
• Work with Incident Manager in verifying the resolution of critical incidents.
• Manage Service Desk personnel time and attendance.
• Ensure Tier 1 and 2 Service Desk personnel are trained for optimum effectiveness of customer interaction.
These are the required qualifications...
• Bachelor's Degree and four years, Associate Degree and six years or High School Diploma and eight years of experience.
• Hold current Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain Top Secret SCI security clearance.
• Hold current DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+CE.
• Hold current ITIL v4 Foundations certification.
• Demonstrated experience leading teams.
• Strong working knowledge of computer networks, servers, and operating systems.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
These are the preferred qualifications...
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical major.
• Ticket Management System experience
• Experience briefing Senior Leaders
• Experience creating technical documentation
• ITIL v4 Intermediate
• Project Management Professional Certification
• Help Desk Institute Support Center Manager (HDI-SCM) Certification
Salary Target: $85000
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,200.00 - $88,000.00 - $118,800.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.