Leidos, a FORTUNE® 500 science and technology leader, was recently awarded the Advanced Enterprise Global Information Technology Solutions (AEGIS) contract by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) to provide telecommunications, cloud and data center services across all of the agency's centers and facilities. The $2.5 billion contract includes a 10-year period of performance if all options and award terms are exercised.
We are excited to announce our opening for an Associate Director of Procurement Strategy on our Material Operations & Strategy team in the Huntsville, AL area! This role will include, but not limited to, managing a team who coordinates with sourcing operations, design engineering, suppliers, production, and logistics in support of this NASA program that covers a variety of sites across the US. The Associate Director is the primary point of contact and liaison between program engineering and sourcing organization. Responsible for coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions. In addition, the role includes developing material strategies, identifying and mitigating program risks and opportunities as they pertain to material requirements; oversight of reporting/tracking all program material activities; achieving programs’ material budget objectives; overseeing and managing program purchase requirements to lead time schedule; leading sourcing process improvement projects (both Supply Chain and Program); managerial oversight and direct involvement of resolving Supply Chain issues for the program and resolving program material cost problems.
This position reports into the Director, Material Operations & Strategy. This role will manage a mix of Material Project Managers, Material Planners, and Supply Chain Engineers to ensure all program supply chain engineering and procurement requirements are being met across the NASA IT portfolio. Some travel may be required up to 25%.
- Serve as a leader in the Procurement and Enterprise Partnerships with oversight of Material Planning, Supply Chain Engineering, and Material Project Managers (6-13 direct reports)
- Primary procurement lead covering NASA IT portfolio (AEGIS and NEST)
- Leads teams of supplier and internal staff in collaboratively solving problems in cost/value engineering, affordability, and technical solutions
- Job responsibilities associated with supplier management, business process re-engineering, and Procurement Tool deployments
- Leader must have experience in Project planning, scheduling, coordination, with demonstrated history of developing technical solutions that meet program requirements- Candidate must have strong understanding of developing BOMs, ROMs, and resource planning
- Experience with supplier coordination including hardware and software selection, maintenance issues, and problem resolution
- This individual should be a self-starter and someone that is flexible and is able to work independently at a higher level
- US Citizen
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+years in Supply Chain, Business, Finance, Operations, or technical related field. MBA or MS and 6+ years of related experience
- Experience as a Team Lead/Leader in prior relevant assignment
- IT background, supplier management, material pricing, project planning, and proposal strategy experience
- Strong knowledge of Supply Chain and related systems along with material procurement
- Demonstrated experience interfacing across multiple organization and program levels with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to be a self-starter and quick learner, capable of supporting efforts to achieve goals
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work under tight time constraints
- Working knowledge of MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project)
- Knowledge of customer flow through requirements such as FAR, ITAR, OFFSET, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and public law
-NASA access / credentials
-Subcontracts/Procurement/Engineering/Supply Chain Experience
-PMP and/or supply chain and procurement certifications
-Strategic thinking ability with tactical application of strategies for program execution
-Strong understanding of US Government acquisition laws and regulations (FAR)
-PowerBI or equivalent experience preferred
-Logistics, Warehouse, and Transportation
-Ability to obtain a clearance is a plus
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.