Leidos Corporate Group has an immediate opening for Sr. Splunk Engineer to join our CIO Services team in Orlando - FL. In this role, you will provide overall engineering and design support for a very large clustered distributed Splunk environment, spanning security, performance, and operational roles. In addition, you will support the full system engineering life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, documentation, and implementation following defined best practices and operational workflows.
Ability to work well with all levels of management is important in this role as you will collaborate with other engineering team members and end users to gather requirements and perform troubleshooting. You should also be able to handle seldom, barely defined, and unusual job events.
We will consider 100% telework for the right candidate.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 8 years of experience in Information Technology field. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Prior experience should include 4+ years in a Splunk role
- 3+ years’ experience in Linux
- Ability to create custom Splunk Apps and Add-ons
- In depth knowledge of props and transforms
- Understanding of the Splunk Common Information Model
- Exposure to app interface development, using REST API’s
- Experience in regular expressions
- Understanding of source control tools like git and bitbucket
- Project Management experience
- Working knowledge of ITIL Change & Configuration Management
- US Citizenship is required and able to obtain security clearance
- Understanding of data collection/reduction/shaping tools such as Cribl LogStream
- Experience maintaining secure and stable Kafka platforms
- Familiarity with SQL/ODBC interfaces
- Experience in other systems and network management/monitoring products
- Complete or partial Splunk Admin/Architect training
Pay Range:Pay Range $91,000.00 - $140,000.00 - $189,000.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.