Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW), or Licensed Psychologist.
Are you a Marriage and Family Therapist or Licensed Counselor looking to make an Impact in the lives of our Service Members?
This Counselor will support the Child Development Center at Joint Base Lewis McChord.
The Leidos Military and Family Life Counseling (MFLC) Program is hiring Rotational SOCOM licensed professionals to provide individual and highly confidential counseling services and support to active duty military service members and their families across the country and around the globe.
**Meaningful work with minimal administration**
Our MFLC partnership with the Department of Defense (DoD) ensures that Service men and women have access to transformative counseling services that support:
- Non-medical counseling
- Complex and unique matters of military family life such as hazard duty, life on base, life overseas, and being away from home on deployment
- Childhood education programs and children's counseling
Non-medical counseling is supportive in nature and addresses: living conditions; life skills; improving relationships at home and at work; stress management; adjustment issues, such as those related to returning from deployment; marital problems; parenting, fear, grief and loss. Counseling modalities consist of individual, family, couples and groups. MFLC may be based out of an installation’s family center, a National Guard and Reserve Joint Force HQ or other facilities and will provide proactive outreach to service members and their families via walk-around counseling.
- Recommending appropriate referrals and handoffs to military and community resources according to the needs of military service members and their families.
- Develops and/or uses approved training and education programs and materials. Communicates information regarding trends and issues at assigned installation to supervisors.
- Participates in regular in-service training, quality improvement committees, or other contract activities as assigned.
- Opportunity to participate in surge and on demand events at the military installations.
- Provide a full scope of Child and Youth Behavioral Health (CYB) services to children dependents of military service members and their families at DoDEA schools and community schools, military installations throughout the U.S. and at select installations in Europe and Asia
- Provide services include non-medical counseling, training, and health and wellness presentations
- Provide consultation with parents, personnel at child daycare centers and schools
- Provide consultations with parent and personnel at child daycare centers and schools
- Provide consultation to the installation command staff regarding behavioral issues affecting children and youth Child Youth Behavioral CYB MFLCs serving in schools for an average of nine-month assignments (based on local school calendars)
- CYB counselors may also be assigned to youth programs, summer camps, and on-demand assignments.
A Master’s degree in the Behavioral Health Professions (MS/MSW/MA)
Licensure to practice at the independent practice level (LICSW, LMFT, LMHC, or Psychologist) in the state of Washington (WA).
Must be a U.S. citizen
Must be able to obtain NACI/CNACI clearance
- Prior military service/military family member and/or strong familiarity with the military culture
- Bilingual capabilities
While helping America's finest and their families, MFLC counselors also benefit from:
iPad provided for easy digital reporting, with no PII or PHI
No insurance to file
No progress notes
No treatment plans
No office to maintain
Free work related professional development courses (CEU and non-CEU)
Reimbursement for job related license renewal fees
Flexible 40-hour work weeks
Paid federal holidays
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.